Chapter 10

As-Salaam-Alaikum,

Plz pray before you read if it's time to pray and you haven't....

I'm really veryyyyy sorry for the late update but first, I didn't wanna update cuz of the hack issue and then when i wanted to update I had a massive writers block ad I couldn't think of anything interesting so yeah that's the reason. Anyways here's an update:)

Enjoy the chap!!

************************************************************************

"You will not enter paradise

until you have faith and

until you love each other" - Sahih Muslim 54

************************************************************************

Adam's POV

Truth is I didn't find out what the aftermath of what had happened last night.

I went to Alex's place I slept on the couch and went to work.

I was in the office the whole day and when it was 6:00 pm and the office was empty I was still here sitting, thinking.

Around 8:00 Alex came into my office.

He brought food we were both silent.

Around 8:30 he spoke "You shouldn't have said that".

"What?" I respond.

"Live in situation".

"I don't want to marry her, I don't know her I feel really annoyed about this". I say avoiding his statement.

Alex sighs. "alright then go to your house tell your mother your not gonna marry her and that you will personally talk to her parents".

"I can't do that I hav-" I get interrupted by my phone ringing.

It's Alina (Adams sister).

I put her on speaker "Hey, your on speaker"

"Hi- wait who are you with?, no wait never mind Alex probably, hey how was the hangover?"

Alex laughs "unsatisfactory".

"Thought so, anyway I'm calling to tell Adam that he can't avoid home forever and that I didn't tell mom about the party or that you forcibly called Arina last minute just so you can get A business deal with the Lockwood family".

I narrow my eyes "You didn't tell her?, why".

There gotta be a catch.

"I instead told her you gave her a ring and told her that I'm pretty sure you wanna marry her".

Alex coughs "That wasn't wise".

I am shocked but moreover angry

"How could you"

"Actually how could you, Arina is really upset about what you said and disappointed that her family will be sad that things didn't work out the way they wanted".
She says.

"She told her parents?" I say nervously.

"No".

"There's something else I have to tell you and your not gonna like it."

"What" I growl.

"Mom told the New York Times magazine that your getting engaged today.

WHAT!!!