Chapter 2

~ BRAD ~

...during the night before...

"Bradley, honey, dinner's ready!" His mum told him happily through his bedroom door after knocking twice. He was currently lying flat on his stomach next to his golden retriever, Jesse, while texting his boyfriend, Tristan. He got up from his bed and Jesse followed him.

"Race you downstairs?" He wiggled his eyebrows at the dog, who eagerly waggled her tail at the thought.

He opened his bedroom door and they both went to the stairs together.

"One, two, three!" He said as they both ran downstairs. Because she had four legs, Jesse won the race downstairs.

"Good job, girl! You beat me again! Here's a treat for you." He said as he gave her some dog treats, which she happily ate.

He went to the dining table and ate his supper. He was listening to his mum and dad's lovely conversation about their days at work today.

"What about you, Brad?" His mum asked him as she drank some tea.

"Still the same. You know, still happy with Tristan and all. All's perfectly well."

"That's good. Are you sure there's nothing more?" His dad asked him.

"Yeah. I'm sure."

His family continued chatting, and wondered how his sister, Natalie, was doing in college. He stood up from the table then put his used cutlery to the sink. He went up to his bedroom again and texted Tristan.

Bear 💕: Had a laaavely dinner. Wbu?

Tristan replied almost instantly.

T💕: Had one as well 😊 miss u 😘

Bear 💕: Miss u to

T 💕: Least we get to see each other tomorrow

Bear 💕: Of course boo

T 💕: r u alright?

Brad thought hard and deep for his answer. Was he alright? He wasn't quite sure himself.

Bear💕: Yeah, just a bit dizzy i gues

T 💕: It's alright bear, you'll be fine, I know it

Bear 💕: I feel fine talking too u

T 💕: That's my braddyboo 😉

Bear 💕: And your my trissybear 😉

T 💕: Funny. You're the bear. I'm the chicken.

Bear 💕: It doesnt feel right. Trissychicken?

T 💕: Skinny chicken.

Bear 💕: Stop it with yer insecurities, yer byootiful ❤

T 💕: 'kay. Imma do homework now 😩 see you soon bear 😘

Bear 💕: See you soon chicken

Despite having a conversation with his boyfriend, Brad couldn't help but feel a little empty inside. He usually became happy because of Tristan's texts, but now, it just felt as if he's really not in the mood for anything. It almost felt like he was too down to be happy, even though he knows that he should be happy.