Chapter 26

~ CONNOR ~

He sat down on the table where Kath and Brad were both sitting. They took a break from travelling and stopped at a diner. He had just placed their orders at the cashier.

"15 minutes max." He told them. Well, if the only item ordered is fish and chips, which is the only meal available in the menu despite all the possible choices, 15 minutes of waiting time is quite fast.

Connor sat next to Kath, as usual. Connor looked at Brad, and he saw that he had a slightly disgusted look on his face.

"Why the look?" Kath asked him. Connor mentally thanked the heavens for making Kath notice his face, too.

"Nothing. It's just, uh, I can't really imagine Kath and I being together." Brad quickly managed to say. Kath and Connor looked at each other to see what he was talking about. They gave each other a nod in agreement.

"I mean, I'm not sure if its because you're not into girls, but, yeah, even if you aren't, we still don't fit together, I'm sorry." She told them, then they all shared a laugh together.

~ BRAD ~

He was too shy to tell the truth. He felt something different towards Kath and Connor.

He doesn't know what it is, but he's been observing it everytime the three of them are together. Sure, it could be because they have been friends for a long time, but the two of them seemed really close. Like, a different level of close.

Brad was feeling...disappointed? He's sure that he has no feelings for Kath, but what about Connor? Could it be possible that he likes Connor?

Get your head out of Fantasy World, Simpson, he thought to himself. You have a perfect boyfriend who you're about to cuddle with again. Maybe the only reason why he's confused is that he missed Tristan so much.

It seemed reasonable enough, right?

"Umm, Brad?" Connor whispered as he waved his hand in front of his face, waking Brad from his daydream. "The food's here."

Brad nodded his head as his plate was given to him. They all ate it until there was nothing left on the plate, then they hit the road again.

Kath directed Connor towards a place which had the feel of a ghost town. It was as if no one was living there at all. It was scary, but Kath continued directing them as if she knew the place like it's where she used to live. They continued moving forwards until they reached a fork in the road.

"Go down the narrow road." Kath directed him again.

"Are you sure?" Connor asked her.

"Of course I am."

Connor reluctantly continued down the narrow road in front of them. Brad was no fortune teller, but he could sense that something terribly wrong would be happening.

"Kath, where the fuck are we?" Connor asked as he continued driving down the narrow road.

"We're almost there." Kath told him. Brad was slightly freaking out. They had been travelling for 6 hours already, and they were now in the middle of nowhere. The only person who seemed to be calm about the whole situation is Kath, and she doesn't want to tell them where they were.