Chapter 22

(WARNING: slightly graphic scenes)

~ CONNOR ~

He sat in Brad's car for a long time until he decided to go and visit Tristan. Tristan didn't go to school today, and Connor had no one else to talk to. He felt like a big part of him was gone after he 'fought' with Brad yesterday.

He knew that Tristan and Brad's relationship had to be preserved no matter what, even if Connor has the biggest crush on Brad. He even found out that Brad's his soulmate, but he guessed that maybe soulmates don't necessarily have to end up together, especially in reality.

Before he went to the hospital, he bought a basket of goodies that he guessed Tristan would like. He also made an effort to write get well soon cards for Millie. He loaded them all in Brad's car and drove to the hospital.

He parked the car and went to the room where Tristan's sister was confined. He placed his goodies on the floor and breathed in and out to calm himself.

No turning back, Connor. You have to do this to make Brad happy. It's time to fix the horrible mess you made. He thought to himself before he knocked on the door. It didn't take a while before Tristan answered it.

"Br--" Tristan started, and Connor immediately attacked him with a hug. Tears immediately started flowing down Connor's cheeks, and Tristan rubbed his back in an attempt to soothe him.

Connor's 100% sure that if Kath witnessed this in front of her own eyes, she'd give him all of the Academy Awards that she could find. She'd probably make more, he might add.

Connor continued crying on Tristan's chest, and Tristan continued rubbing his back. Ah, the things Connor would do just to give Brad the things he wanted. Take his relationship with Tristan as an example.

"I'm so sorry for everything, Tristan." Connor said as he cried.

"Brad, it's alright. Honestly, you didn't have to."

"No, you don't get it. I made you feel bad. I should've never left you here alone. I'm really sorry."

"Brad, please..."

"Baby, please don't leave me! I love you too much that it will hurt me and shatter me in pieces if you left me!"

"Brad, please. Stop." Tristan told him, and Connor was slightly surprised and frightened. Was he doing something wrong?

"I should be the one apologising." Tristan told him after a long, deep sigh. Connor was slightly surprised by this.

"Why don't you come inside?" Tristan told him, then Connor went in the room with all of the gifts he brought.

Tristan sat on the chair that was next to the bed, while Connor sat on the chair that was right next to the small desk they had in the hospital. It was intended for the gifts, such as the one Connor brought. To his surprise, there weren't really any gifts on top of the desk - it only contained clothes and some food.

"Is she doing alright?" Connor asked Tristan. He remembered Lewie because of Tristan's little sister. He would probably be crushed if he was in Tristan's situation, even though he and Lewie don't really talk much.

"She's fine now. She's just taking a rest."

"That's great!" Connor exclaimed, then Tristan looked at him. Connor looked closely and saw that Tristan was about to cry. Connor's happy expression immediately turned into a frown.

"What's the matter?"

Tristan did a long sigh before explaining.

"I'm sorry. You were right. I shouldn't have done all those things with Connor, especially when he did nothing wrong."