Chapter 34

~ BRAD ~

...Thursday morning...

Brad and Tristan walked down the corridors like everything was normal. They were holding hands and people were looking at them, although not in the usual way.

Some of them looked at Tristan in disgust - something Brad had never seen anyone do in front of Tristan before. The more people they passed by the corridor, the more they wanted Tristan to feel rejected.

"Are you alright?" Brad asked Tristan, who just gave him a slight, frustrated nod.

"Tell me what's wrong." He told his boyfriend, then their group of 'friends' approached them.

"You can kiss your asses goodbye on our lunch table. You're no longer allowed to sit with us." One of them told the both of them sassily, and Brad just returned a confused look.

"Wait, what the hell is going on?" Brad asked all of them, and their 'friends' just guffawed at him.

"You can't talk with us anymore, either." Another one of them said, then they walked away and went by James' side. To Brad's surprise, James ignored them and Connor wasn't with him.

"That's good. I've always wanted to break free from the grip of snakes who take people for granted." Tristan said as they kept on watching the scene, which made Brad giggle. He stopped giggling once he remembered something.

"Have you seen Connor?" Brad asked Tristan, who widened his eyes in surprise.

"Nevermind." Brad immediately told his boyfriend after seeing his reaction, then they went to Tristan's first class.

"Love you, B." Tristan told his boyfriend, who was smiling in return.

"Love you, too, T." Brad told his boyfriend, then they shared a hug before going their separate ways.

Brad started looking for Connor, but instead, he got in the way of a girl who looked like she was rushing to her first class.

"I'm so sorry." Brad told the girl, who was surprised by the impact, then she picked her books up.

"It's alright." She told him, then Brad helped her pick her books up.

"Thanks." She said as she positioned her books in her arms and fixed her glasses. She gave him a wide-eyed look once her glasses were straightened.

"Brad, right? Like, Tristan's boyfriend?" She asked him, then Brad replied with a small nod.

"I've heard about what happened to him. Can you extend him my condolences?"

"Wait, what?" Brad asked the girl.

"Haven't you heard? Tristan's parents died years ago in an accident. He's actually a scholar who used his popularity to keep his secret from being known."

"Seriously?" He asked the girl, who nodded her head as a reply.

"I have to go. I apologise for what happened earlier." He told her, then he started running around the corridors until he found Connor, who was conveniently near a janitor's closet. Brad immediately approached him.

"We need to talk." They both told each other at the same time, then Brad led Connor to the room behind him. Brad closed the door once they were both inside, then Brad started talking.

"You first." He told Connor, who let out a sad sigh.

"Who is James' mum? He never told me anything about his past."

"James' mum left him and his family when he was young. He's broken because of that. He doesn't want anyone to know about that because he thinks it's embarrassing, and that no one would understand him. Instead of focusing on his problems, he focuses on his family and his studies instead." Brad told him as he recalled what James told him in the cliff.