Chapter 7

~ TRISTAN ~

Tristan stared at the list of films in front of him. He was choosing a film to watch in the cinema with his boyfriend, who was holding his hand right beside him.

"I guess this one's good." He shrugged and Brad just smiled at him. For some reason, he chose the horror film, which is something he knew Brad will never forgive him for. However, Brad looked really eager to watch it. Tristan guessed that it was because he promised to make it up to him, after all. They both bought the tickets for the next screening, which is in two hours, and they roamed around the mall.

They went to various shops in the mall, talked about random things, walked awkwardly together, and do just basically what couples normally do when they're at the mall. Nope - it was all PG-13.

They ate lunch at a cozy café. They felt like it because it was all peace and quiet, plus, they serve quite good cake. When they were done, they went back to the cinema, and they were welcomed with an unpleasant surprise.

"What the fuck is he doing in here?" Tristan muttered under his breath, although Brad was able to understand him. Brad followed the direction of his boyfriend's eyes and saw what he hated to see - James and Connor.

~ BRAD ~

Brad didn't know why his heart broke a little bit when he saw Connor. Was it because of what happened? Or was it because of the fact that he wasn't hanging out with him? It couldn't be the latter - he was perfectly happy with Tristan. He looked at his right eye, and saw that it wasn't swollen anymore.

"Let's just ignore them and watch the film, babe." He told his boyfriend, who was fuming in deep anger. They both watched the two as they went inside the cinema. They followed after them, and for some reason, Tristan wanted to make sure that they could see the two. What was his problem? Brad thought to himself.

They watched the entire film, well, at least Brad did. Brad could see from his peripheral view that Tristan was occasionally looking at James and Connor, as if he was a detective who was working on a complicated murder case. Brad, on the other hand, didn't want to look at the two because of an unknown reason.

When the film was done, the lights went on and all the people started standing up from their seats. James stood up to stretch his legs and arms, then he made eye contact with Brad. He saw James' slightly mad look on his face, which made him look away for a while. When Brad looked at James again, he saw that James and Connor were now getting out of the cinema.

Tristan also got up from his seat, and he had no choice but to stand up and follow his boyfriend. Tristan tried to make it look like a coincidence that they were just right behind the other two, even though that is not the case. They could hear them laughing over the random jokes that they said. When they were out of the cinema, Tristan decided to make a move.

"Hey guys, I can't believe you're here!" Tristan told the two of them, then James held Connor's, who instantly hid behind him, shaking hand.

"'Hey guys'? Really? I don't think I can consider you as one of my friends." James told Tristan.

"I'm hurt." Tristan said sarcastically, or so he thought. "I thought we were friends."

"Leave us alone, Tristan. We don't need your bullshit." James said as he went away, taking Connor with him. During thw whole time, Brad wondered why Connor's eye wasn't swollen anymore. Did he do something to make it less obvious?

"Come on, Tris, let's go." He calmly told his boyfriend, who was fuming in anger.

"I'm so mad at that corndog dude. He's going to pay." Tristan muttered under his breath.