Chapter 14

(WARNING: homophobic slurs & slight violence)

~ CONNOR ~

He laid down on Brad's bed to sleep. He had quite a tiring day today, but the good news was that the next day was a Saturday, which meant that he was free and that he could sleep all day if he wanted to.

Unfortunately, for him, he couldn't sleep. He was happy that his wish was granted by no other than his best friend, but he didn't like the pain that Brad had to go through because of that. Brad had a good life, for all he knew, and to take everything away from him is not something that Connor wished for.

Without hesitating, he grabbed Brad's phone which was resting on top of the nightstand. He opened it then he immediately dialled his own number. He didn't know why, but he had the hope that Brad would pick up so that they could talk.

"Hello?" He heard a familiar sound from the other line.

It wasn't his normal voice, it was his crying voice. He knew it too well that he can't be wrong.

~ BRAD ~

...earlier that afternoon...

Once he closed the front door, Brad can't help but let his tears flow. He wasn't angry at all, he was just really sad. He didn't know what he did to deserve this. Before he knew it, Connor's father grabbed him by his collar and started screaming at him.

"YOU FUCKING PRICK!" He screamed in front of his own son. "You ruined my life, you faggot." He said, his words slurred. Brad could smell the alcohol coming from Connor's dad's mouth.

"But I didn't--"

"Shut your piehole, asswipe!" His grip on Brad's collar grew stronger as he lifted him up higher against the front door.

"They kept making fun of me, including my bitch of an ex-girlfriend. I promised her that I would have a better life than her, but then you told her that you were gay." He kept rambling, then he finally let go of his collar and put him down on the ground.

Just when Brad thought that he was finally free, Connor's dad slapped him in the face. Hard, he might add. Brad placed his hand on his cheek to ease the pain, then Connor's dad punched him on the stomach. He grabbed his stomach in pain, then he crouched on the floor.

"You've had enough?" Connor's dad screamed at his ear. Brad had no choice but to whimper in reply. Just when Connor's dad was going to give him another punch, Connor's mum came in the house and stopped Connor's dad from hitting him again.

"Simon, that's enough!" Connor's mum told him as she restrained him.

"Kelly, our son is a disgrace. He deserves what I'm doing to him. Can't you see it?!" He shouted at his own wife while Brad tried to stand up.

"Look, we both know that he's gay so why can't we just accept the fact that he is and get over it?"

"You want me to get over this huge and terrible mistake that we made?"

"Hey! Connor's a good person. He knows his values and he doesn't need to fit your standards just to be perfect. Why can't you see--"

To Brad's horror, Connor's mum also got slapped. Connor's dad also seemed to be surprised by what he has done, and he left the scene. Connor's mum held her cheek in pain.

Brad, even though he wasn't related to her at all, felt sorry for Connor's mum. She just defended her son, and she got hurt in the process. He knew that even Connor would feel really bad and guilty.