Chapter 33

~ BRAD ~

...Wednesday afternoon...

"So, do you two hobbits need something?" Their music teacher told them, then they shook their heads no. Apparently, she just asked the two boys, as part of their success in their first composition together, to perform their second composition live for the whole school to hear.

"Alright, I'll leave you here in the practise room. In the meantime, you can both work on your performance here while the rest of the class can work on their second song." She said as she left the two boys, then they looked at each other.

"Brad, I don't think I can do this." Connor told him, and Brad just gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Hey, you'll do great. I promise." He said, but Connor just shook his head in disagreement.

"Look, Connor, I'm scared, too, but we were here for a reason. We're here because we did great. I'm sure we'll do even better this time." Brad told him with a smile, then Connor smiled back as a reply.

"You're right." Connor told him after sighing in surrender. He knew very well that Brad was right. They both went to the instruments that they were going to play. The practise room is filled with lots of instruments - an upright piano, many types of guitars, and a drum kit. The practise room can only be accessed by teachers or by authorised students.

"So, do you have any ideas?" Brad asked him. Connor immediately remembered something.

"I wrote a song two days ago, do you want to hear it?" Connor asked him, then Brad gestured him to go ahead.

Brad immediately regretted what he did. While Connor sang the song he composed, Brad realised that not only the song was beautiful, but also the person singing it, as well. When Connor was done singing, Brad immediately gave him a round of applause.

"That was so good, Con! How'd you write that? It was unweal!" Brad told him, then Connor giggled a little.

"This may sound soppy, but I thought of writing a song for Kath. I miss her a lot, and even if I didn't love her as my lover, I loved her as a friend, and I'd like to go back to all the happy times I've had with her." He said, then Brad started nodding in agreement.

The two boys worked together to make the song better and to make arrangements, then Tristan walked in the room.

"Hey Tris." Brad told him, and Tristan just returned a smile. Brad was about to pick his bag up when Tristan stopped him from doing so.

"No, no, I want to hear what you guys were working on." He said, then Brad shrugged. He looked at Connor, who was looking at the door. Brad followed Connor's gaze to someone familiar.

James.

"I want to hear it as well." James told them, then Brad and Connor shrugged their shoulders together. Brad sat behind the piano and Connor stood next to him with an acoustic guitar. They started playing the song they just polished.

You tell me I'm a friend
But confused minds and blurred lines
Have brought it to an end
And all that is left now
Is where it's going to end
And I don't know, no

Brad was surprised when he saw Tristan walking toward the drum kit. After Brad sang the last line, Tristan started playing the drums. The song's vibe became more band-ish, and Brad loved it. When he looked at Connor, Connor had a huge smile on his face. James rushed to plug in an electric guitar during the second part of the first verse, then he joined in time for the chorus and started doing riffs that fitted the song.