Chapter 15

~ JAMES ~

...last Friday afternoon...

The school bell finally rang, which meant that it was the end of his History class. He grabbed his books and went towards his locker.

Weirdly enough, he didn't see Connor at all that afternoon. He decided to look for him and he closed his locker, only to be faced by Tristan.

"Hey James!" He said cheerily, and James can't help but feel a bit awkward.

"Erm, hi...?" He said as he slowly began to walk away.

"I need your help." Tristan immediately told him.

"In what?"

"Can you please be my tutor? I really need help in pulling my grades up."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Hmmm, let me think about it." James told him, then he ran away as fast as possible to his car. Unfortunately, Tristan was able to catch up with him.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Brad?" James asked him as politely as he can.

"He's at the loo." He said, then James opened his car door and climbed in.

"Look--" Tristan told him. "I'll pay you anything as long as you agree."

"I'm sorry, Tristan, but I don't do agreements with people who are against my friends, especially those who punch them in the face." James told him, then he closed his door. He put his things beside him, then he drove all the way to his house, not knowing what to feel.

When he was home, he saw Sophie sitting on the couch with a friend.

"Hey, Sophie!"

"Hey, James!" She said back happily.

"Who's your friend?" He asked, then the unknown blonde girl looked at him.

"James, this is Millie, my partner for our Math assignment. Millie, this is my brother, James." She said, then Millie shyly waved at him. He waved back, of course.

"So, you girls want any snacks or something?" He asked them as he went to the kitchen.

"Cheese and crackers will do." Sophie told him, then he grabbed the food, put it on a plate, then served it to them.

"Thank you." Sophie and Millie said in sync, then he had some, as well. He asked them what their project was all about, then he helped them with it. By the time they were done, it was getting late, and Millie had to go. Sophie suggested that they take her back home, so they did. Millie directed James to their house, which was really big, then they went with her to their front door.

James knocked on the front door, then he was greeted by a familiar face - Tristan.

"What are you doing here?" James and Tristan both said in sync. James decided to speak up first.

"I'm here to take Millie home because it was getting late. Sophie and I didn't want her to go home on her own." He said.

"Well, then, thank you for taking my little sister home safe and sound." Tristan replied as Millie went inside the house. Tristan went in as well, then he closed the front door. Sophie could feel the awkward tension in the air.

"You know her brother?" She asked her older brother as they both walked back to his car.

"Yeah, he goes to school with me." He said, not wishing to add more.

~ TRISTAN ~

Once he closed the front door, Millie started talking.