Chapter 18

~ BRAD ~

"That was brilliant!" Brad exclaimed after playing the last chord of their song. Brad lifted the guitar strap out of his body, put the guitar on the floor and went to Connor, who, to his surprise, looked really stressed.

"Why're you stressed out?" Brad asked his partner, and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I d-don't know. I just feel like I'm going to m-mess up tomorrow. I haven't played piano, or any other instrument, for that matter, in front of a lot of p-people."

"Don't say that. You're a natural." Brad tried encouraging him.

"That's what you think, but I'm not, Brad."

"Of course you are! You just let your evils lie to you."

"It's not my evils." Connor told him with a sad sigh.

"It's your dad, isn't it?" Brad asked him.

"Not really. I mean, yeah, he thinks that I suck at music and that I should focus on other stuff instead, but I don't consider him as an evil."

"Why?"

"He's my dad. I love him. Despite my stupid decisions, he's always there to make the right ones for me."

Brad nodded as a reply. Connor's dad doesn't deserve Connor as his son, he thought to himself.

"What about you?" Connor asked him, and Brad raised an eyebrow as a reply.

"What about me?"

"Everyone's basically scared of Tristan. Despite that, you chose to be with him. Why is that?"

"Well, it's because--"

"You love him." "I love him." They both said at the same time. Connor shrugged his shoulders and giggled.

"See? But honestly, I kind of feel like I'm breaking you guys up." Connor told him with a slightly panicked face. Brad laughed at this.

"Don't be silly, Con."

"But I'm not really romantic! All I think whenever we kiss is how gross it is."

"Think that he's your crush, then. I mean, that will make it easier."

"But then if I do that, you could get jealous."

"True..." Brad couldn't deny it - he was sort of jealous of Connor and Tristan.

"I know! Maybe you can convince yourself that you're dreaming, so that when you see Tristan and I together, you'll just think that it's how you see yourself." Connor suggested.

"You think that will work?" He asked Connor, then he nodded his head.

"I should give it a try then." Brad smiled at him, and Connor smiled back.

"We should rehearse for one last time. We have to get that confidence out of you." Brad told Connor, and they did another round of their song. The whole thing sounded perfect, and Brad had absolutely no idea why Connor was so nervous.