Chapter 17

~ TRISTAN ~

...earlier that day...

James: Hi Tristan! I was just wondering if we're still going to meet each other after classes?

Tristan knew this was coming. He didn't want Brad to know about it, though, so he replied as fast as he could.

Tristan: Sure. I'll see you in the parking lot after class.

He then got out of Brad's car and walked with him to school. While they were walking, Brad laughed from nowhere and started typing on his phone.

"Who're you texting?" He asked Brad, who immediately hid his phone.

"Connor. It's about our project. We have to stay after school. Is it okay?"

"Yeah, no worries." Tristan told him, and Brad was surprised at this.

"You're not mad?" Brad asked him, looking quite confused.

"Yeah. You still love me anyway, right?"

"Of course. To the Andromeda Galaxy and back." Brad told him, and they shared a small peck. Tristan was jealous that Brad was texting Connor, but he promised James that he would leave them alone and he knew about Brad and Connor's music project that's due in two days, so he decided to calm down about this one.

~ JAMES ~

"Hold on, you did what now?" Kath asked him, and he sighed for the fifth time.

"Tristan asked me if I could tutor him, and I said yes."

"Yeah, but WHY would YOU say YES?" She asked him with emphasis.

"He needs my help. I'm not going to let him get kicked out." James tweaked the situation a little just to keep Tristan's secret.

"But he's Tristan for goodness' sake!"

"Kath, stop overreacting. I also told him that I'll agree as long as he leaves Connor alone, okay?"

"Oh. Well, that's a great move. Thank you for constantly reminding me of how smart you are."

"You're welcome." He said, and they just laughed at each other. They were used to joking each other like this that they understood each other at a different level.

"Just, don't let his ego get to you, okay? I don't want you turning into an asshole like him."

"Well, his little sister's really nice. I hung out with her once, and she seemed pretty cool." Kath looked at him in pure disbelief. "All I'm saying is that if she's nice, maybe he's nice, too."

"Sure, wake me up when I'm no longer dreaming." She said with a sigh. "Speak of the devil."

"Hi." Tristan told them shyly. Kath looked surprised, however, James just smiled at him.

"You ready to go?" James asked him. Kath was still in shock about it, James talking to Tristan and all.

"I am. Hey, Kath." Tristan said shyly. Kath replied with a wave, although she seemed really sassy, like she still didn't want to talk to him. James decided to break the awkward tension by leading Tristan to his car and waving Kath goodbye. She nodded and went inside the school building, which seemed a little odd.

~ TRISTAN ~

He heard everything that Kath said. It didn't sting him since he's used to other people saying that about him, anyway, but he was concerned on what James thought of him, since Kath was one of his best friends, which mean that they could share the same opinion. He was surprised when James defended him, and he decided to show up. Needless to say, they had an awkward conversation, which James decided to end.