Chapter 4

~ BRAD ~

Once he left the Music room, he immediately went to the school's parking lot, where he saw his boyfriend impatiently waiting for him. When they made eye contact, Brad could see Tristan's fury.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Tristan yelled in question.

"I was at the Music room and--"

"So you're choosing music over me? That's such a shame, Brad."

"No, that's not what I meant!" He protested.

"What do you mean by that, then?" He replied sassily. Brad knew that Tristan wouldn't listen to what he had to say anyway, but he still decided to be truthful.

"I--I lost track of time." He said truthfully, not wanting for Tristan to know about Connor.

"Of course you did. I can't help but think that you've become very distant, Brad. Have I not given you everything?" Tristan kept blabbering, and Brad had nothing to do but listen to his boyfriend rap without music.

"I literally spent every time I can with you, and you don't give it back to me? You hate school so much, so why would you want to be in there longer? I gave you a watch, where is it? I thought you were trustworthy and caring, Brad. What happened? You're supposed to take care of me, not someone else."

That's when Brad and Connor's gazes met. Connor gave him a look of sympathy, but then his friend, who he knew was named Kath, pulled his arm away. He looked up at Tristan and saw that he had stopped talking and that he was looking at the same direction as he was.

"You know what, I'm done, okay? If you're not going to listen, fine." Tristan said, and started to walk away. Brad took Tristan's arm before he could walk any further.

"Is it because of him?" Tristan said, referring to Connor. Brad shook his head sideways and Tristan raised his eyebrow.

"H-he's just my music partner. We had a lot of fun writing stuff for our project that we lost track of time." He told his boyfriend calmly, hoping that Tristan didn't hear him stutter at first.

"That's it?"

"Yes, there's absolutely nothing to worry about."

"Fine. I believe you, but don't you think that I'm not taking this seriously." Tristan told him, his tone scaring Brad a little. He had no idea why he was scared, though. He unlocked his car and opened the passenger's door for his boyfriend, who gladly went inside the vehicle. He closed the door, walked around the car, got in, and drove to his boyfriend's house. He thought deep and hard while he was driving, which almost made him crash at one point, leading to another one of Tristan's rants.

"Thanks for the ride." Tristan said as he removed his seat belt. They shared a peck on the lips before Tristan went out of the car. "Love you, bear."

"I love you, too." Brad replied, then he watched Tristan go inside his house. Knowing that he's safely home, Brad went home.

He walked through the front door and he was greeted by a happy Jesse who immediately leapt up on his legs. He returned the favor by rubbing her whole body, which always made her happy ever since she was still a small puppy. He went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of vitamin water from the fridge. He looked through the cupboards and grabbed a packet of Haribo gummy bears. He took his loot and went upstairs to his room.

He changed out of his school uniform to his house clothes, which was basically an oversized T-shirt and a pair of boxers. He grabbed his schoolbag which was resting on the foot of his bed and grabbed his homework for today.