Chapter 21

~ KATH ~

She was greeted by a 'Connor' with a blank expression on his face. She immediately walked towards him.

"Brad, is everything alright?" She asked him.

"No." Brad retorted, then they started walking to school.

"Why? What happened?"

"Just a lot of things."

"Tell me?"

"It'll take more than this walk to tell you all of it."

"Then tell me all about it."

Brad took a long sigh before telling the whole story - how his and Connor's 'date' went, how they got a call from James in Tristan's phone, how they went to the hospital only to leave early.

"That's really tough." Kath said when Brad was done ranting. "I don't even know which side I am on."

"I'm not asking you to choose sides, Kath."

"But I am, anyway." She told Brad. They were already in front of the school gates.

"I'm choosing my side. There's already enough going on between all of you. Y'all better clear the air or else everything will be final." She said as she walked away.

"What are you talking about?" Brad asked her, completely confused.

"No more secrets between the four of you, Brad. Just talk it all out, please." She said as she slowly walked away.

~ BRAD ~

He stood there, totally confused of what she just said.

"Hey." James told him as he got near him.

"Hey." He replied, although it seemed really blank.

"You alright?"

"Not really." He realised that he never really opened up to James, and considering that he was Connor's best friend, maybe he could trust him.

Then again, James being Connor's best friend may be a reason why he shouldn't trust him at all.

"What's the matter?"

"Well, I still couldn't get over what happened yesterday..."

"About Tristan teasing you?"

"No, not that...I was thinking more about my way home with Brad."

"Why? What happened?"

"I kind of scolded him for taking me home. Tristan may think that he's breaking up with him, and you know how much I don't want to be a nuisance to others."

"Don't you think it's a bit ironic? You scolding Brad? I've never seen that side of you, Con." Brad now knew that he was being ironic. He accused Connor of defending himself yesterday, but judging by the way James said his statement, it seemed as if he was doing the same in this situation.

"I don't even know. Anyway, I don't want to be the guy who ruins relationships."

"So what're you going to do?"

"Brad and I are already done with our project so I guess I just ignore him."

"That's it? Are you sure?"