Chapter 23

~ CONNOR ~

"Holy shit!" Connor said when he saw himself, well, Brad, fall out of the window. He panicked and immediately went downstairs, not minding the noise that he was creating. He immediately went outside to the backyard, and he saw Brad on the ground, groaning in pain.

"Brad! Oh my god, are you alright?" Connor asked the obvious. Well, no one could blame him - he was panicking and he didn't know what to do.

"Fuck. My right leg hurts." Brad told him, then he tried lifting it up, but then he eventually gave up. It hurt a lot.

"Is there anything else that hurts?"

"I'm not sure, it's just my right leg that hurts."

"We better get you to a hospital." Connor said as he started lifting his own body up. He was thankful that Brad's body was strong enough to carry him.

"Just wait for me, I'm just going to get your car keys, okay?"

"There's no time. Here." Brad said as he took something from his pocket. Brad gave him a familiar set of keys. When Connor recognised it, he looked around for his dad's car. When he located it, he immediately went towards it and opened the door. He carefully placed Brad on the passenger's seat, then he closed the door. He went to the other side and sat down.

"Can you still hold on?" Connor asked worriedly as he started the car.

"Of course! I'm not dying, Con, just chill." Brad assured him, then Connor took a deep breath. He didn't know if he calmed down a little bit because Brad told him to or because Brad called him Con.

Either way, he grew calmer. He continued driving to the hospital when his phone, yes, his actual phone, started ringing. Brad grabbed it, then he looked at the person who was calling him. He answered it then put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Brad spoke through the mic.

"Brad! Thank goodness, where are you?" It was Kath. Connor thought that it would be very odd for her to call anyone this late at night.

"Erm, on the way to the hospital?" Brad said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Why? What happened?"

"There was a bit of an accident."

"Accident? Who would get an accident this late at night?"

"It doesn't matter, okay?"

"It does when I'm about to tell you something important!"

"Why don't just meet us at the hospital? I'll explain later."

"Okay. Do you know where Connor is? He won't answer your phone..."

"He's with me." Brad said simply as if it was a normal thing.

"What?! Okay, I'm coming to the hospital. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, okay?" She said before ending the call. Brad and Connor let out a laugh.

Unfortunately, the only parking space available was the one farthest from the hospital doors, and Connor had no choice but to park there.

He helped Brad out of the car before locking it. He carried Brad all the way to the front doors until he found a nurse.

"Excuse me, but do you know where I can take him? There's been an accident." Connor started explaining what happened, and the nurse just nodded her head. She led them to a bed that was surrounded with curtains.