Chapter 13

~ CONNOR ~

Nothing came out of Connor's mouth when his physical self asked him to explain the situation. From there, he knew that he and Brad have switched bodies, and he had no idea why.

"I have no idea on how this happened." Connor told Brad honestly as he looked down on the floor. "I just woke up randomly on your bed one morning to find out that I was actually you."

"But why would this happen, Connor, why?!" Brad demanded an explanation. Connor was slightly taken aback by Brad's attitude, but he remained calm.

Connor thought about how this could happen. One night, he was crying on his bed after getting beaten up and being called with insulting names, then he woke up the next night on another bed. He thought bitterly about that night, all the events, words and everything. It hit him when he remembered that he wished that he could live the life of his soulmate.

"Connor, are you alright?" Brad asked him, in Connor's literal calm voice, of course. Connor looked up at his own ocean blue eyes, his one feature that people seemed to love the most, then he wiped the tears that formed in his - nope, Brad's - chocolate brown eyes.

Kath was there the night he had a meltdown. She always seemed to know the future, like the times he broke his knee in football back in the day and got his ugly black eye, where she predicted that it would heal the next day, only to find out that her predictions were correct. She could climb on walls quick, almost like she could fly. She would always successfully cover up Connor whenever he would ask him to. He told her his wish to live the life of his soulmate.

Connor believed in magic, being a Potterhead and all, but he didn't think that it would happen to him at all. He's probably delusional, but at this situation, it seemed like Kath wasn't who he thought she was - that she didn't have just a weird persona, but that she actually had magical powers, as well.

"I think I know someone who can explain what happened." Connor told Brad after finally connecting all the dots together. "But I--I mean, you, physically, have to go on a date with Tristan."

He saw Brad roll his eyes before he started talking. "Tell him you got sick or something. That you'll just stay here in the toilets for a while because you got an upset stomach or something. He'll understand." Brad told him, then Connor took out Brad's phone from his pocket. He dialled Tristan's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Brad! Where are you?" Tristan asked him. Connor swallowed deeply before acting like he was sick.

"I feel really sick. I'm just going to stay here in the toilets for now." He said while he acted like he was about to puke, which would be true if he would go to this date.

"Are you sure? Don't you want any help?"

"No, help isn't really necessary. Just go on, have fun without me."

"But what about our date?"

"I'm really sorry, Trissy, I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"It's fine, just get well soon, okay?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Love you."

"Love you, too."

Tristan was the one who hung up. Connor looked at Brad, also known as the one who controls Connor physically, and he didn't know if Brad felt jealous, mad or like he was about to laugh. He's positive that it wasn't the last one, though.