A Message From Me To You

Hey you ;)

Hey you ;)

If you're reading this, the biggest possibility is you've finished the story. You guys have been seriously the best people I have ever met, the number of friends I got from this story alone is amazing, you're all amazing, thank you for reading and making it 'til the end of the journey with me. I've been reading your comments and messages throughout, and now, it is my turn to give you my message.

Sweet Epiphany is the first ever story I wrote that got myself tearing (whoops). Yeah, it's not particularly tear-jerking, I realize, but I grew way too attached to Zach and Terra, which I honestly did not expect! There are just a few things that I'd like to mention straight up, as extracted from the story we wrote together.

The first thing that I really want to emphasize on is the importance of self-love, which is strange, because I realize that it isn't something our society emphasizes on. We're often told to be confident, or to love our body, but self-love goes beyond that. It is accepting ourselves for who we are, despite both the physical and psychological flaws. It literally means that we're going to love ourselves, even if we fall short in terms of personality, even if we're unable to deliver as well as the next guy.

Know that our failures and imperfections do not mean that we deserve less love than we actually do, and if you ever encounter someone who tries to rob your beauty, who tries to tell you that you're worth less, I'm afraid it's time to cut those ties. You are beautiful and strong, fearfully and wonderfully made, and if you ever for a second doubted what you're really worth, I hope that you go to bed tonight knowing that you're worth more than the diamonds in the sky and the treasures beneath the sea.

Love the freckles on your cheeks, the gap between your teeth, your cute chubby tummy and the way you hiccup when you laugh. Love the way your eyes squint when you smile and the way you'd look to the ground and stutter awkward fillers when you're shy. Love your reflection, love what you see, because you're you, and no one else on earth is going to be able to pull you off better than yourself. Forget about what you've heard them say about you behind your backs, their opinion doesn't matter, it is your own that counts, so make sure it is one that will lift your cheeks to a smile.

I hope you'll see yourself the way God sees you. It's time to stop magnifying our flaws and to make peace with our shortcomings. It's okay to be imperfect, imperfection is beautiful. I wouldn't normally say this, but trust me, I know.

Now, you may be thirteen, fifteen, or a senior in high school. Maybe you're a freshman in college, or you're a university graduate ready to spread your wings. You might even be a full-time mother, multi-tasking as you make sure the kitchen stove isn't in flames while singing your baby to sleep (it's a tough job, so kudos to you if you're doing it!). As obvious as it already is, I don't know you, and you don't know me, at least not on a physical and personal level. I don't know what you are going through, and I also don't know what's going to happen, but I do know one thing: it's going to be okay.

Maybe you're having a tough time fitting in with your friends in class, maybe you're not doing so well in school and you're struggling to pass a subject. Maybe you got into a really bad fight with your Mom, your Dad, or you're just scraping by college with barely enough to spare. Maybe you've just lost a job, or your boss is giving you a terrible time in the office. Maybe you're lost, stuck in some strange bubble, unsure of what you're doing, not knowing where to go, terrified of what your future is going to be. Maybe you're sitting by the streets on a cold winter night with expired ramen noodles, having just lost your scholarship, your job, and even got brutally dumped by your now ex-girlfriend and you're ready to give up your life. Whatever it is, I just need you to believe that things are going to be okay; you'll be okay.

Just hang on a little longer. The broken pieces will find their way together, and what started off as a curse is going to be a blessing in disguise. Yes, I've lost count myself the amount of time bad things have happened and how I was convinced that nothing good could come out of it. Things don't always make sense, and all I've kept asking was why, but sometimes we gotta wait a few months or even a few years for things to finally get better again, and it is only then when we get our moments of clarity, why 'bad' things happen, and how they may end up being the turning point that leads to the even greater things. As long as you are alive, don't forget to count the chances of your tomorrow being better than your yesterday.

You know how some people keep saying how you are 'yet to experience the worst'? Well, they seem to have forgotten to tell you that you are also yet to experience the best things life is about to offer. Believe me, your future is bright, better days are coming, and one day you'll find yourself laughing with tears in your eyes, proud of all the scars you've gotten from the difficult years when you were tempted to give up, but you didn't.

One day, you'll be able to lift your head up high and say: I've made it.

So, spread your wings and soar like the eagle you are destined to be and I'll soar with you, and maybe we can bond over coffee and not expired noodles as we discuss the possibilities of breeding a potato bird ;D

Thank you for reading Sweet Epiphany, I'm thankful and glad to have been able to share this journey with you and hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing.

I hope to hear from you again someday, and maybe we'll share another story together! I'll see you all soon. Take care, lots of love and God bless.

p.s. you're stronger than your giants, remember that ;)

With love,

Imperfectdreamer