Chapter 13: Escape Route..

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Felix Kjellberg

My eyes widened as I looked down at Ken's body, I didn't know how to react, I was angry and upset, yet guilty and had self hatred. My body and mind were going through two completely different stages.

"Felix.. W-We gotta get outta h-here.." Mark stuttered, grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the scene.

I ran without thinking, following Sean and Mark, who were trying to make their way to one of the only few safe houses we had in Mississippi. Running soon became a task, a mission, I didn't want to run anymore but I knew I had to.

"Found it! It's just up ahead." Sean informed us, running a little faster and opening the front door, and shutting and locking it behind me and Mark.

Heavy breathing, stinging eyes, and pained legs, I walked shakily towards the fridge, I saw several beer cans, and I grabbed one without thinking.
Opening the can quickly, I chugged it in desperate attempts to numb the eternal pain I was feeling, but deep down, I knew I could drink all the beer in the world, and it wouldn't do shit.

~*~

I lost count of how many beers I had, and at this point, I didn't care. I stumbled back into the living room where Mark and Sean were talking, they were too involved in their own conversation to notice me.

"I can't b-believe what j-just happened.." Sean mumbled, shaking a little as he burrowed his head in his hands.

"How did this happen?! Who could've done this shit?!" Mark spoke out, somewhat loudly, roughly running his hand through his red hair, he was angry, very very angry.

I gulped down the rest of the beer can I was drinking and threw it against the wall aggressively, creating a loud crackle as the can crumpled up and fell to the floor. Only then did Mark and Sean notice me.

"Felix, what the fuck are you doing?!" Mark snapped, I looked at him drowsily, my eyes sore and irritated.

They both stood up to face me.

"Drinking away your problems won't help. You've just gotta keep going, deal with your problems and get over it." Sean crossed his arms, trying to get some sense into my alcohol intoxicated brain.

"Well.. This is how... I'm dealing with them.." I slurred, making my way towards the fridge, until Mark and Sean both pulled me back and stopped me.

I got angry.

"NO. I NEED THIS." I yelled drunkly, wobbling a little.

"ALCOHOL WON'T HELP." Sean shouted in response.

I fidgeted and fought, trying to wriggle my way out of their grasp, but I couldn't, I felt a little dizzy.

"Felix." Mark said calmly, "Please.. Just stop."

His words slowly processed through my head, and I stopped, they let go of gently and I wiped my eyes again..