Chapter 22: Close Call..

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Felix Kjellberg

We all clambered out of the vents, and made it back to the police station roof, our plan was most of the way complete and we just had one more thing left to do... Rebecca, Sean, Mark and I made our way back down to main ground, it seemed like we hadn't drawn attention and that we'd be able to escape freely. No really suspicious cops or anything, we plainly thought we were safe.
The four of us sprinted into the nearest alleyway, turned a corner and hid behind the wall, so we could talk discreetly.

"Any suspicious activity while in the vents?" Rebecca asked, just about catching her breath.

"Yeah a little." Sean panted as he attempted to talk clearly.

I explained, "Apparently the cops know our names now, and a witness told them our names." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Shit.." Mark mumbled, "Do you think it was a fan?"

"We don't know, all we know is that it was an eye-witness." I responded.

"Well, what about Cry and Aaron? Could they have told them?" Sean inquired, "I mean they didn't say where they were going.."

"Sean, how can you say that?" I grumbled, "Do you know how much they've helped us? We'd be in prison already if it weren't for them."

"Anyway.." Mark winced a little as he clutched his stomach, "It can't have been them, they're criminals themselves, they'd be asked for names and everything."

"They could've used fake names for all we know! And besides, it was anonymous anyway." Sean sighed, running his hand through his green hair.

"I doubt it Sean." I replied.

"They know how much of a risk it is to use fake names, we nearly got caught out last time we used fake names. If we couldn't do it, then how could they?" Mark answered, wincing again from the unimaginable, pulsing pain in his stomach.

"Are you sure you're okay Mark? Seriously, your wound could be infected.." Rebecca questioned, seeming quite concerned.

"Nah, don't worry Becca.. I'm alright." Mark insisted, returning a genuine smile.

With Rebecca beside Mark, I noticed their height difference, Rebecca was short, but she wasn't too short, she seemed about a few inches shorter than Mark, maybe more. Her height looked to be about 5'5.

"So did you guys seem to hear anything suspicious?" Sean crossed his arms casually.

"No, not really." Rebecca shook her head, "There were quite a few cops below us, but we couldn't really hear what they were saying."

"Most of it was just unimportant bullshit to be honest.." Mark chuckled a little.

Sean Mcloughlin

"So er.. Where's the detonator?" I queried.

"I've got it." Mark admitted, he opened his mouth to talk again but was interrupted by Felix.