Chapter 25: Dreaded Reality..

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sean Mcloughlin

I walked out of the room I was in with Felix, seeing Mark holding a gun. The both of us glanced at each other in concern, slowly stepping forwards towards him. He still didn't move a muscle, but kept his sight fixed upon the gun grasped in his hand. I swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the dreaded lump in my throat that remained where it was out of nervousness and fear.

"Mark?" I spoke out.

Nothing. He remained as he was, but this time, you could hear him softly sobbing, he was more of a broken man than Felix and I were.

"Mark? Can I have the gun please?" Felix asked, trying to keep a strong upfront.

He shakily looked up at us and ever so slowly handed him the gun. It seemed like he didn't want to, but knew deep down that he had to. I sat on the right side him and Felix sat on the left, Mark wiped his eyes for what looked to be about the thousandth time.

"You okay?" I inquired softly.

"Y-Yeah.." Mark mumbled, running his hand through his red hair.

"Look, I know things seem tough right now Mark.." Felix started, "But you've gotta be strong--"

"H-How can I be strong?!" Mark commented in an upset tone, "I've lost Becca I've got nothing now!"

"Mark! You have us!" I interrupted him, "We're always gonna be here for you, through all the bullshit we go through. Felix is right, you have to be strong. At least until we get out of New Jersey, the police are hot on our tracks, so we have to leave early morning."

Mark feebly nodded. I gave him a manly hug and Felix did so afterwards.

"We should probably get to sleep if we wanna get up early tomorrow." Felix stated.

Mark and I nodded understandingly and we decided to use the spare bedrooms upstairs to sleep in...

The Next Morning..

As my eyes slowly adjusted to the light, I got out of bed and checked the time. 5:30am. My head was thumping like crazy, it hurt so bad that every now and then I'd start to feel dizzy. Walking out of the bedroom, I noticed Felix and Mark had also just woken up.

"Hey... How'd you guys sleep?" Felix questioned as he stretched and held back a yawn.

"I slept well, but my head hurts a bit still.." I murmured.

"There should be some painkillers in my room." Felix pointed in the direction of the room I was sleeping in and rubbed my eyes.

I went to get some painkillers for my pounding headache. I could still hear their conversation from Felix's room.

"How about you Mark?" Felix inquired quietly.

"I-I slept kinda b-badly," He stuttered, "I guess I-I'm still n-not over w-what happened y-yesterday.."

"Hey hey, I understand.. It's taken me a while to... understand... what happened to Marzia." Felix stumbled on words as I could hear him holding back tears.