Chapter 23: Bittersweet..

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mark Fischbach

We all looked at Rebecca. The look in her eyes became distant, like the look of knowing that something horrible has to happen, one way or another.

"Give me the detonator." She ordered simply.

"What? Why?" I asked, already confused.

"I'm.." Rebecca paused, her eyes glazed with tears, "Gonna provide a distraction."

"What the fuck does that mean?!" Felix whispered in shock.

"Oh god.." Sean mumbled, burrowing his head in his hands and pacing.

I went wide eyed, "No no no, I'm not fucking letting you do this." I immediately responded.

"I have to Mark.." Rebecca softly replied, her tears almost threatening to fall.

Those four words began to shatter my heart into a million pieces, it began to relentlessly sink in, yet I didn't want to believe it.

"N-No.." I choked on my tears. "Y-You can't d-do this.."

Rebecca looked away, her tears trickling down her cheeks.

"I-Isn't there another way to do this?" Felix asked, stumbling on words.

"No." Rebecca responded briefly, "This is the only way."

"Felix Kjellberg! Sean Mcloughlin! Mark Fischbach, Rebecca Valenté! Final warning! You have five minutes to get out here with your hands on your head or we'll shoot you without hesitation." One of the police officers bellowed.

Felix and Sean stayed silent, knowing this was a rough moment.

"I-I have to." Rebecca struggled to talk as her responses almost came out at incoherent murmurs.

"T-There h-has to be a-another way!" I said, my eyes already beginning to sting, my stomach still in agonizing pain.

"Give me the detonator." Rebecca bit her lip, looking me dead in the eye.

Tears fell from my eyes as a reluctantly passed her the detonator, she quickly managed to holster it discreetly on her back.

"S-So, I'll run out there as a distraction, detonate everything and you guys run the other way and stay out of view from police okay?" Rebecca explained.

Felix and Sean nodded, they both looked quite down too.

I couldn't stop my tears from falling, the lump in my throat felt like it was being enlarged and wasn't going away, I ran my hand through my red hair, wiping my eyes.

"Don't waste this opportunity Mark.." Rebecca whispered, and I knew exactly what she mean't.

She didn't want her death to be worthless, she wanted Felix, Sean and I to get away without being caught. She wanted her death to have a reason, and that was the most sickening part about it.