Chapter 9

The door flew open with me behind it, hiding from view and peeking through a crack.

"Told you Laura. You'll always take me back..." His words trailed as he saw the giant wolf in front of him snarling viciously.

"Woah-h..." He stuttered, hands up in surrender. "E-easy bo-" He was cut off when a thundering growl echoed through the house.

I was wide eye as I felt the house shake at the power in grumpy's growl.

I couldn't help but smirk as Matt's tan skin was now pale with fear and his body shaking like a leaf.

'Serves him right.'

"Laura!" His voice squeaked.

"Laur-" Grumpy snarled, taking a step forward.

Matt's body paled even more if that was even possible.

Deciding that wae enough torturing him even though he deserved more, I stepped out into view.

His face perked up at the sight of me before paling as grumpy took yet another step forward with a low growl.

"Leave Matt." My voice cold and void of any emotions.

"But-"

"Leave." I repeated. "Unless you want grumpy here to bite you in the ass and tear your oversized, cheating ego apart." I stated calmly with my hand running through his slik fur.

Matt look lost for words as he stared at me then grumpy then back to me.

"Ok." He backed away slowly, keeping his eye's on the wolf. "Ok." Once he was far enough, he took off running.

I shut the door shut with a loud squeal before I bursted out laughing.

"Oh my god," I took a deep breath. "That was priceless."

I turned to look at grumpy who was still glaring at the door.
"Hey," I said softly. "He's gone for good. Thank you."

My body was crouched in front of his. I took his soft fur covered face in my hands and look him the eyes.

"Thank you."

I placed a kiss on his nose causing him to growl and shiver. His dark eyes stared into mine deeply.

I swore for a second that he looked human from the way he is staring.

Something large and wet hit my face suddenly.

I glared at grumpy when I realized that he licked my face.

"Hey!"