Chapter 23

I woke to the sound of thundering rain. As my body shifted on the couch, I winced at the ache in my neck from the awkward position I slept in. A surprised noise left me when pain and worry slammed into me causing me to clutch my chest in confusion. I strained myself as to why I felt this way but then the events from last night came rushing forth in front of my eyes. Body tensed in worry, I got up to get a shower. My little 'adventure' last night has my clothes and skin scuffed in dirt, plus it might help me think.

I was back downstairs from a less than twenty minutes shower. Dressed in sweatpants that are way to big for me and a worn tank-top that had wet patches on it from my wet hair. Even though my stomach was twisted in knots, I made a small sandwich which I had to practically shove it down my throat. With all the things that been happening, like me getting kidnapped from a restaurant, which no one still called the police for, I haven't been able to eat properly. Once my stomach was full, I sat in a plush chair in the living-room. I just watched the rain hit the pavement and a sliding down the glass window.

I was in a daze as I stared outside, loving the dreary weather. An hours had passed when my brows narrowed to seeing a large figure running in the heavy pour. "What the hell..?" Eyes widening when the figure came to a stop in front of my door. You could easily tell from the tall and broad outline that the figure is male. I could see he wore all black and was soaked. Subconsciously, I leaned closer to the window to make out the face. I swear my heart stopped when the male turned my way staring straight at me. This action caused me to jump out of the seat and roughly land on the floor.

My hand swept my, now dry, hair out of my eyesight. I mentally smacked myself repeatedly in the head at my stupidity. Well, he knows I'm home. Before I fell, I got a glimpse of the males face. Three guesses who? Yep. Its the godly gorgeous man who likes kidnapping me. Its Eli.

I brushed myself off the ground then took slow steps towards the font door. I gave myself a mental pep talk before I opened the door to be greeted with a very soaked, model-like Eli.

Gashes and bruises lingered on his smooth, tan skin. I physically winced at the painful looking split lip and the large cut that ran along his right cheekbone. His dark hair hung limp around his forehead and dripped water into his eyes.

'Why are his eyes filled with panic? Relief?'

Within a second I was placed into strong arms that held me closely to a firm chest. The palm of my hands rested on his chest causing my breath to hitched. Eli squeezed my body tightly to his, as if the whole world is about to collapse if he didn't. The fact that my clothes are now completely damp was ignored.

'I've...never been hugged like this before.'

Wet strands of hair rubbed against my skin when he dug his face deeply in the crook of my neck. My heart thumped violently in chest from all the contact Eli was giving me. I'm not used to human interaction. Well, beside hitting a stupid person or two.

Eli's shoulders shook slightly from his deep inhales and exhales. Plump lips skimmed the area around my ear, making my heart go into more overtime than it already was. Involuntary, I let out a small sigh. 'Damn it.' My sigh caused him to pull away from me harshly and stand a few feet back. I pushed aside the pang of rejection I felt.

Head dipped towards the floor and fist clenched dangerously tight by his side. A deep guttural sound left Eli's throat. The sound shock me so much I stumbled back away from him. It took me a moment to calm myself before I tried to reached out and touch him but he must of somehow sensed my movement and looked back up at me with this pure predatory look in his eyes. Pupils dilated and eyes dark, he spoke through his gritted teeth. "...Are you hurt?"

Confusion laced my voice as I responded back 'no'.

The trembling of Eli ceased for a momemt before it began again.

"Can't...control..." He rasped out. Those eyes of his were so intensely staring at me that it caused a great uproar of hormones to rush through me.

"I...have to...go." As my lips parted to ask him why, he left. Eli's musceled body could be seen running away in the rain untill he disappearted from view.

I stared longingly at the spot where he stood, wishing he would come back. 'What. The. Hell.' I shake my head with disbelief. 'Longing?' I felt all this emotions and hormones in my body causing me to be terribly conflicted and frustrated. Why did I want him to come back? I don't even know the bloody guy and suddenly I'm longing for him. My thoughts were taken away from Eli when yet another figure approached my door holding an umbrella. My eye twitched in anger when I saw it was Tony.

'Leave while you still can.'

"I saw you standing in your doorway and I thought-" He was cut off when my fist connected with his nose. A loud crunch was heard over the sound of the rain. Tony dropped the umbrella in pain and shock. "Ow!" He pulled his hands away from his nose showing that his nose is bleeding. "Don't talk to me again." On that note, I slammed the door shut while ignoring Tony's whimpers.