Chapter 20

I sighed when I left another shop that wasn't hiring. I need to find a job. Fast.

I walked down the busy sidewalk, eyes glued to the stores passing by. Multiple huffs leaving my lips as people slammed into my body, and the nerve they had when they continued moving forward ignoring me or telling me to 'watch it'.

I caught sight of quirky store ahead that selled basically trinkets and house hold items. But what really held my interest was the wanted sign in the display window.

Please, let this be it.

I walked in, wincing when the bell above the door rang out loudly. My entrance interrupted two people talking in hushed whispers. They conversation turned into silence as they both turned to look at me. The woman gave me a warm smile while the man gave me a plain look but I could see his eyes widened.

"What can I help you with?" The woman asked. "Um, I saw the help wanted sign-" "Oh! Your here for the job. Well let me go get the form." The woman gave me another smile before disappearing into the back room.
My eyes wandered around the store, smiling at the items the shop held. I looked towards the man who was silently staring at me. I stared back at him with a raised brow. My mouth opened to ask him what the hell he was looking at but the woman came back with a packet in her hands.

"Just fill this out and return it to me by next Monday. Okay?" She instructed me. "Thank you..." I trailed off, not knowing what to call her. "My name is Molly." "Thanks, Molly." I turned around to leave, giving one last look at the guy who was till staring. I exited the shop, once again wincing at the bell.

I really hate that thing.

-

I stepped into the house, kicking off my vans and proceeded to the kitchen. I eyed the back door before opening the fridge. Apprently, the fridge is empty besides an old some old take out food. "Yeah, not happening." I dumped the spoiled food into the garbage and sighed. The clicking of claws could be heard as it got closer to where I was. My gaze swept over the large wolf, pretending he wasn't there. I can hold a grudge.

He growled at me, knowing what I was doing. After a couple moment's of silence, he let slight whimper leave his muzzle. I faltered a bit from the noise but quickly continued what I was doing.

I went to the living room and sat down onto the soft seating. I turned the tv on a random channel and let my thoughts dift. Who were those guys in my backyard? It made me curious and scared as to why they were.

With new determination, I stood to my feet and headed to thr kitchen drawers. My hands fumbled through the clutter of things till I finally grasped what I was looking for, a flashlight.

After putting my shoes on and turning off the tv, my feet took me to the back door. I turned my head slightly to look behind me and saw grumpy staring at me with questioning eyes. My hand rose to my head and gave him a small salute before I turned back to the door and opened it. My body shivered when the chill air hit my skin. The door closed with a small slam. I took a glance at my surroundings, noticing that everything was silent and still. I clicked the flashlight on, its bright light shinning into the night. "Let's do this." I took off forward, trying to find anything that would tell me why two men were back here.

Either I'm incredibly brave or really stupid.