Epilogue

Hello everyone. It's been three long months and it's good to be back. I'm sorry to keep you all waiting for this. Anyway, this is supposed to be a flashback and re-tell in Achilles' POV but I've decided to just get on with the ending and make the flashbacks as special chapters instead. So stay tuned for that.

Again, thank you all for the support on this story. I couldn't have gone this far without all of your love and encouragements. I will see to it to write more exciting stories in the future for you guys and I hope you'll be there still. :)

Epilogue

Achilles' Heel

"More wine, Mr. Silvero?"

I tugged one of my ear plugs and lifted my head to the smiling attendant at the aisle, gesturing the bottle of wine on her hands.

"No thanks," I replied in a hushed tone "I'll have water instead, make that two glasses please."

"No problem, Sir. But Madame," she shyly said and pointed "I'm afraid she needs to go back to her seat. It's almost time for landing."

Nagbaba ako ng tingin sa natutulog na si Winiata. She's sitting across my lap and huddled close to me, her face tucked at the side of my neck, her arms around my waist. I chuckled a bit and nodded at the attendant, who bowed and walked away.

Tuluyan ko ng tinanggal ang ear plugs mula sa aking tenga at pinatay ang maliit na screen sa aking harap. I looked down again on Winiata and couldn't help but grin. Hindi ko alam kung anong pumasok sa isip niya kanina, she just launched at me and made herself comfortable on my lap. Then a few minutes passed and she's already dozing off, murmuring things I couldn't understand. It's so adorable.

I didn't want to wake her up yet but I needed to. I nuzzled her hair and she stirred, only to move closer. I shook my head.

"Honey, you need to wake and buckle up," bulong ko sa kanya at hinalikan siya sa noo "We're almost home."

Finally, Win released her face from my neck and rubbed her eyes. Tinulungan ko siyang tanggalin ang ilang buhok na tumabing sa kanyang mukha. She peeked at me with one eye and gave me a weak smile. I gave her another kiss in return before I released her and strapped the belts to her body.

Bumalik ang stewardess dala ang tubig namin at pinilit ko si Winiata na inumin iyon. The crew collected our empty glasses and we readied ourselves for the plane landing. Awtomatikong humawak sa kamay ko si Winiata at hinigpitan ko naman iyon, reassuring her. She's really not a fan of take offs and landings.

Fred and Ryan took care of our luggages and bags on the arrival area. In normal circumstances, magpupumilit si Winiata na siya na ang kukuha ng mga gamit namin. Hindi pa rin kasi siya sanay na may iba ng gumagawa ng mga bagay para sa kanya, even having tailed by security around. She sometimes went nuts about these.

At the parking lot, Winiata and I went straight into the SUV's back seat and slumped. An 18-hour flight was very exhausting especially to Win, she's not used to it yet even if we did this a couple of times now. Agad siyang sumandal sa balikat ko at narinig ko ang paghikab niya.

Ayoko man siyang mapagod sa byahe, sinasama ko pa rin siya sa mga business meetings ko sa ibang bansa. I didn't want to leave her and miss her while I was away. I didn't want her to be sad because she tend to be crazy whenever she was. And I couldn't stand days being apart from her.. from my wife. Pakiramdam ko may kulang sa akin kapag hindi ko siya nakakasama o nakikita sa loob ng isang araw.

It's like Winiata was the final piece of my own jigsaw puzzle, my life. Without her, it won't be complete. It would be very weak and insufficient. She, too, was like my ray of sunshine. Always bright, always uplifting. I don't know what to do without my wife. I don't think I would be this happy if not for her.