Chapter 6- The First Major Beating

Jack's POV

"WHERE IS MY DAMN DAUGHTER?! SHE'S GONNA BE SORRY WHEN SHE COME HOME!" I yelled angrily.

Geez, could you yell any louder I'm pretty sure Meteli heard you.

I DON'T CARE!

Hmph, suit yourself

WHAT THE HECK I DIDN'T EVER ASK FOR A LITLLE VOICE IN MY HEAD!

Please just be nice enough to put fist aid kits in there for her.

I don't need little voices like this. I already know what's gonna happen to her. But I'll be oh so kind to put first aid kits in her room. This'll be the only thing I do for her. And I'll be even nicer and keep restocking them.

I walked up to her room and put 10 in there. I decided to do this because if she goes to school with cuts and bruises then people might worry about her. Ha, well that depends if she even has friends.

"I'm just gonna go downstairs sit on the couch and have a beer or two." I said out loud.

It was the only thing that washed away the pain.

Aphmau's POV

I am scared.

Just be prepared.

I know that

I'm just saying. He's gonna be furious.

I should've stopped by the store and bought a few first aid kits.

"THERE YOU ARE! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOUR IN?" Jack yelled at me.

I've never heard him so loud OR been this angry.

"Sorry." I apologized immediately.

I already know that's not enough.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? SORRY, SORRY, SORRY ISN'T GONNA CUT THE FACT YOUR HOME LATE AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE YOU WERE! THAT REMINDS ME WHERE WERE YOU?" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

Well shoot what now. I can't say Laurence's house or he might get even madder.

I got it.

"I was at moms grave." I lied.

He stood up.

And here comes the punch. He walked over and he got closer, and closer, and closer, and even closer. Until we were face to face. He had an angry expression on his face. I was scared for my life don't get me wrong, but my expression was head strong.

I wanted to show him I wasn't scared, even though I was. I had confidence because I knew what was gonna happen. And that was it. He Punched me in the face.

"YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO SPEAK HER NAME! YOU WERE THE ONE THAT KILLED HER AFTER ALL!" Jack yelled.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

I didn't cry but he pushed me to the ground and then he started kicking me in the gut. And each kick slowly getting harder and harder. It was 10 minutes after he stopped.

I looked at him in pain. He was... Crying?
What the.? He hasn't cried since the night mom died.

"Get up." Jack said calmly.

Umm did he just forget THAT I COULDN'T BECAUSE HE WAS LITERALLY BEATING ME HALF TO DEATH.

"Get up, Get up, GET UP!" He slowly started to yell.

That was it I couldn't stand it. The yelling, the beating.

"DID YOU JUST FORGET YOU WERE JUST BEATING ME? SO ITS KIND OF HARD TO MOVE!" I screamed at him.

I don't know what came over me. I knew it was coming.

"Did you just talk, no, yell back at me, that's it!"
Jack asked in threatening tone.

He was kicking me more.

"You.... little.... Brat.... Just.... Be.... Lucky.... I.... Haven't.... Sent.... You.... To.... An.... Orphanage.... Or.... Even.... Worse.... Killed.... You.... For.... What.... You.... Did.... To.... Her...." He said in between kicks.

I coughed.

You can pull through. Don't let him win. I don't know what got into him. But I believe in you

A voice in my head said it sounded like... Mom

And finally he stopped.

"Get in your room. Just be lucky that a small part of who I used to be is there and I left you 10 first aid kits in there. You get no dinner and I don't want to see you for he rest of the night" he said.

I wanted to yell at him again.

HE KEEPS FORGETTING HE WAS JUST BEATING ME HALF TO DEATH AND ITS HARD TO MOVE! GEEZ HOW DUMB CAN THIS GUY GET?

But somehow I pulled through. And I limped up stairs. I reached my room. And closed the door. I found the first aid kit.

I patched myself up. I'm lucky my mom taught me how to use these tools.

But, HA I did have dinner with Laurence and his family.

I wonder what he's doing right now. Even though I got the beaten of my life just now, I keep getting lucky.

First, Laurence gave me his number. Second, my mom gave me a phone last year, plus I hid mine in my pillow case. And third, I have a bathroom in my room. So there really is no reason for me to leave my room.

I texted Laurence.

(A- Aphmau L- Laurence. 6:40 right now)

Third- Person POV

A- Hey

L- hey you ok you sounded worried when you left

A- yeah I'm fine I just wanted to talk to someone. So what's up

L- nothing what about you

A- nothing I was just talking to my dad

"APHMAU YOU BETTER TAKE YOUR SHOWER RIGHT NOW!" Jack yelled

A- sorry to cut this conversation short but I gotta take a shower. Sorry

L- it's ok byeeeee :)

A- Byeeeeee :)

Aphmau got up to take her shower and she walked to her bathroom. She looked in the mirror.

She began to talk, "For mom, I won't let this change me like it's changed him. For her I'll stay me."

She looked at her stomach where she was kicked what felt like 10,000,000 times. And then she felt her arm where there's a deep gash.

I know that's never going away, she thought.

"Gah, ow, geez that hurts." Aphmau said it loud.

Aphmau felt her neck to check the necklace.

"But at least the necklace is ok." She smiled.

She kept it on, not only for her shower but she kept it on till this day. She never took it off. She swore to keep it safe. For Laurence. For her. For their friendship. And Laurence did the same.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that brings us to present day I'm so excited that we've made it this far in the book. I'm only on chapter 6 and I already have 93 reads. I thank you guys so much for that. Thank you so much

Words: 1093