Chapter 18- "Why Did You Do It"

Aphmau's POV

Laurence looked at me. Lucinda looked at me. Nothing. Nothing. At. All. She used to be my friend. And she...... Made the rose. Why. How could she. My world is crashing down. I'm finding out more and more information, I don't know what do with all of it. I didn't ask for all this information. But the more you know, the better. The weird thing is...... I just remembered her today, and our past. That's where the orb came from. I knew it had meaning but I forgot. Both of them are just standing there. Silent.

Laurence POV

WHAT. HOW COULD SHE. SHE MUST'VE KNOWN WHAT SHE WAS DOING. WHY WOULD SHE GO THROUGH WITH IT. What happened to the girl I used to know.

Lucinda's POV

They both hate me. Aphmau especially. Their hurt. I wish. I wish I didn't change. I'm sorry. Aphmau she's. She has no emotion.

Back to Aphmau's POV

All I can do is ask. "Why" I asked quietly. "Why did you help Hyria" i asked Lucinda again. I swear if she did it because she wanted to I will kill her. But she's staying quiet. "You know, that rose killed my mother. That rose put me through hell. That rose. Heh. That rose, has made me feel guilt for 8 years. So I'm standing here in front of one of the people that helped kill my mother right now. So now I'm asking you. Why did you help create it? You had to have known what it could do. Had have known the magic" I say angrily. "Aphmau" Lucinda said with guilt. "It all makes sense now. That's why you left me that day. Why you were always rude. That was the so called 'project'. Did you even mean anything you said to me? Were ever even my real friend? Did even care? Or was all that a trick? A trick to help Hyria" I said. I can't even right now. "Why Did You Do It" I asked.

Lucinda's POV

As Aphmau's asking me all these questions I'm making sense of all of this. WHAT. All of our pasts connect. And It's her fault. "It all makes sense now" I say out loud. "What do you mean" Laurence asked. Aphmau looks like she's gonna cry. She's needs to go home. This is all so much.  "Aphmau you need to go home" I said. "Um excuse you. Who are you to tell me what to do? And what do you even mean by I need to go home" she asked. There's something. There's something that goes on at home. It looked like she was offended. I wave my hand in the air and my staff appears. "What is that for" Laurence asked. He must've forgot I'm a witch. But Aphmau looks worried. She knows what I'm gonna do. "Laurence..... Run" she says. She must remember what I did to Zane 9 years ago. "Why-" he said but was cut off. "We need to go.... NOW" Aphmau said. She grabs his wrist and they start running. I then make a barrier but she saw it coming. She then pushes him in front of her. How did she know what I was doing? He's outside of the barrier.

Aphmau's POV

I grabbed his wrist and start running. When she has her staff nothing goes right.  I need to protect him. She's creating a barrier. I then push him in front of me. He fell down a hill but stopped himself from hitting the bottom. He got up and ran to me. The Barrier was complete. No one can get in or out without Lucindas permission. "APHMAU" he yelled banging on the barrier. "Why would you do this" he said sadly. "I won't let you get hurt. She won't hurt me, I can feel it. Stay here and I'll be out in a few minutes. Ok" i said. He nodded. I turned to go see what Lucinda wanted. "Do you remember this place" she asked me. I look around. I know this place. This where me and Lucinda first met. "You led us here" I said. She nodded. "What do want with me" I asked her. "I know that something happens at home. But you don't say anything. Why is that?" She said. I then became worried. "You have cuts and bruises. You didn't have those the last time I saw you" she said. "Don't worry I don't know. Yet. Oh and don't worry...... I made sound proof so Laurence can't hear our conversation" Lucinda said as she waved her wand around. "Why do you care" I asked her rudely. She kept quiet. She waved her staff around. NO. no. No. No. No. No. No.  She's gonna know my secret. She'll tell everyone. Lucinda waved her staff around.

5
I can't move. Im sorry Laurence for lying.

4

A light is coming from the staff

3

It can't happen like this

2

Maybe this'll be good. Or it'll be very bad.

1

The spell finished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Well Damn. Nice going Lucinda. Do you think she'll tell everyone. Or will she keep her mouth shut. Or does........ Never mind.

Words: 863