Chapter 17- Their Past's

~~Flashback~~

Laurence's POV

I have to run away from the orphanage. I can't be here any longer . I hate it here. I'm never gonna get adopted. My plan is to go tonight.

TimeSkip To 2 Hours Later. (5 pm)

Still few more hours. But where will I go. I don't know but anywhere is better than here. Wait. Are they bringing someone in? Huh. They haven't brought anyone in since..... Me. It's a girl.  She has orange hair. She looks my age. She's scared. To be fair we were all scared when we got here. But I've been here for 1 year and it's horrible. Good luck. "H-Hello" she said walking up to me. "Hi" I say with an attitude. I don't need friends. I'm leaving. "I-I'm scared. I-I've never been here" she said. Might as well calm her down. I've got nothing better to do. "We all were. What's you name" I say. Don't really care but. "L-Lucinda" she said. "The names Laurence" I say. "T-That's A Nice Name" she said. "You stutter a lot. You don't have to be scared. Your surrounded by kids like you and me" I say trying to make her less scared. She smiled at me. "So, why are you here" I ask her. "Well...." She starts 

Lucinda's POV

Should I tell him. My secret. I'm scared to. I don't want himto be scared of me too. "Promise you won't get scared" I say nervously. "Promise" he said. "Well I'm a witch. And I was trying a spell to make dinner. And it exploded. No one was hurt. But I made a mess and my parents said they don't want to deal with someone like me. A witch. See they used me to do what they wanted. Like chores. And if I messed up I would get a punishment" I said. "What kind of punishment" he asked scared. "Extra chores and a whipping" I say as I feel the back of my neck. "WHAT. THEY TREATED YOU LIKE A SLAVE" he said angrily. He looked at the back of my neck and saw the scars. "That's horrible" he said. "Anyway, why are you here" I asked. He looked down. "I almost have the same situation" he said sadly. "Wait your a-" I started. "No I'm not I'm a-" he stopped. "A what. It's ok you can tell me" I said. I trusted him. Why can't he trust me?

Laurence's POV

Just gonna say they didn't want me. Not gonna say I'm a Shadow Knight. She'll be to scared. Witches and Shadow Knights don't have the best history. "I was treated badly. Did chores. Hard ones. I didn't have magic to help me. Then they brought me here. I was unwanted. How 'bout this. I was planning on running away. Wanna come with" I say. I had a change of heart. She's nice. I feel like she understands me. "I can't" she said. Well dang. "You shouldn't leave either. We could have a lot of fun here" she said.

Something happened. She changed my mind. I nodded and didn't leave that night. Or the night after. But she changed. She got mean and discouraged. She lost hope. But Still I decided to stay till I was adopted. She got adopted first by a woman. We were together for 1 year. We were now 6. I got adopted 1 week after her.

~~Present Time~~

Aphmau's POV

"Laurence. Why have you never told me this" I asked. I never knew any of this. "Aw does he not like you the way you thought" Lucinda said in a teasing way. GAH SHE GETS UNDER MY SKIN. "The point is, Lucinda, you changed. You were discouraged. You used to be so nice" Laurence said. "You don't get it, do you. Being in an orphanage can change you" she said. "I know that. I was always rude I was gonna run away but I didn't. You changed my mind" Laurence said. My heart dropped to my feet. Does he like her? Wow...... I'm sad now. "But. You changed. You changed for the worse" he said releaving my sadness OH THANK IRENE. "So Aphmau. What your guys' past" he asked me. I looked at Lucinda. "Well" I said.

~~Flashback~~

(After She Got Adopted)

"Leave me alone" I say walking backwards from him. "Why your just so fun to pick on" he said. "Please. What do you want" I say. I don't like him. "Your suffering" Zane said evilly.

(Remember him from the beginning)

And when I was walking backwards I fell down a hill. I could hear his mean laugh. I reached the bottom. I hurt my leg. I started to cry. He ran down. "Oh are crying" he said tauntingly. He pinned me to the ground. I continued crying. "GET OFF HER" a girl with orange hair yelled. "And what if I don't" Zane said. Oh no don't hurt her. "Then this" she said. A magic light came from the staff she was holding. It blasted Zane. He went flying far far away. She ran to me. "Are you ok" she asked me. "N-No my leg H-Hurts" I said crying. "Here let me fix that" she said. She waved the staff around my leg. It feels better. Huh. "The names Lucinda" she said. "I'm Aphmau. How did you do that" I asked Lucinda. "Magic. I'm a witch" she said. "Cool" I said amazed. "Wanna play" she asked me. "Sure" I replied. She waved the staff around and a small play set appeared.

We played not only for the rest of the day but for 6 months. We would always met up there. That was until......

"I have to go" Lucinda said. "Why" I asked. "My adoptive mom, said she needed me for a project, I'm also not allowed to talk to you anymore" she said. I started to cry. I'm losing a friend. "Here take this" she says as she handed me an orb of her staff. "Keep this so you can always remember me" she sad. I nodded. "Don't forget me" I said. "I won't" she said. We hugged. And she left.

Hyria's POV

"Did you say your goodbyes" I asked my adoptive daughter. I love her. She is adorable. I need her though for this project. I taught her how to control her power and even more. She'll come useful. "Yes" she said sadly. "Lucinda, sweetie don't be saddened. Now let's work on that project" I say trying to make her happy. "Ok. And by the way, what is the project" she asked me. "We are making a rose. But not just any rose. No. This rose is deadly.

~~Present Time~~

"Wait. So where is the bad history" Laurence asked. "Well after I bought the rose from the flower shop I saw Lucinda. She was mean. Cold. She gave me an attitude. Like she is now. But anytime I saw her, she'd be rude. She'd find some way bring me down" I say looking at her. But she didn't look angry she looked concerned. "Why the sudden change of expression on your face" I ask. "You didn't buy the rose from the flower shop down the street did you" she asked me. Wait how did she know.

Lucinda's POV

"Oh no" I say. That's the project. It was that rose. "What" she said. "That rose-" I start. "HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT ROSE" she yelled angrily. "Because" I start. I look at her. She's in tears.

"Because I helped make the rose"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WHAAAA. No one saw that coming. So lemme explain. Hyria is the woman who adopted Lucinda. Hyria then taught Lucinda everything she knows. They made the rose to get revenge. But why? Why did Hyria need revenge so badly?

Words: 1303