Lie to Me

Friday
6:20pm

Friday6:20pm

Taraji

Gabby peeked her head in showing her pearly whites. "Awh who got you the cute bear?"She looking at my corner of gifts.

"Michael."I let out. I thought about how I turned him away. I just wanted to be friends.

Gabby raised a brow knowingly. "You knows he likes you Rahji , I mean I can tell by the way he held you so close to him almost as if he didn't wanna let you go."She explained to me. I was unaware that Michael did that.

'Michael did all that for me?'I thought to myself with a smile.

I blinked away that butterfly feeling that settled in my gut.

"Michael and I are just friends Gabby nothing more , nothing less."I waved off at her. I tried to convince myself even more. I was attracted to Michael but it was nothing more than an attraction.

"I sure hope so."She said trailing off as she flipped through a magazine on the table. I turned my attention back to Love and HipHop.

Dr.Thomas knocked on the door bringing me out of my ratchet television watching. She came in with a huge grin and a machine. My eyes grew as I looked at the thing.

"Please tell me not another test."I said throwing my head back against the pillows. Gabby came over towards me sitting on the side of the bed.

"No it's not a test , with this machine we are gonna take a look at that precious little one in there."She said referring to my baby bump. I looked over at Gabby full of excitement.

All I could do was nod , I couldn't get my words out. Dr.Thomas giggled at how eager I was. She lifted my shirt and put the cold gel on my belly. I sucked in air from the feeling , Gabby grabbed my hand.

Dr.Thomas moved the monitor around until a figure appeared on the screen.

"Here's your baby Ms

"Here's your baby Ms.Henson." She announced pointing to the head. My eyes welled up with tears of joy. Gabby had her personal fit but I couldn't take my eyes off of that screen. That feeling of loneliness was instantly gone and I knew my baby just wanted their mommy to know everything would be okay.