Let Me In

Terrence
3:30pm

I had some business to take care of. I had to keep my whereabouts at a minimum. People didn't need to start getting suspicious about what happend. Just the smallest slip up would land my ass in jail.

Now that I know Taraji father was a damn fed I knew to really keep things under the radar. I had a legit alibi so nothing would come back to me or my brother.

I killed the engine pulling up to my brothers house. I stepped out my black Escalade grabbing the Nike duffle bag from the back. I rang the doorbell looking around to check my surroundings.

Rome came to the door looking around before pulling me in.

"Why you acting so paranoid Rome? Where is Qirin?"I asked him looking up and down. He shook his head dapping me up.

"I'm just on alert like you need to be, he is upstairs sleep. I got his stuff."He said as he sat in the living room. I walked in after him slowly.

I sat on the adjacent grey love seat placing the duffle bag on the table.

"There's the money 500,000 in cash."I stated extending my arms on the back of the couch.

He puffed his cigarette leaning forward rubbing his hands. He fingered through the blue hundreds with that devious smile of his. He would probably blow it all on dumb shit but that was Rome.

But I needed to make sure everything went smooth.

"Rome , Did Mira make it out?"I asked lowly. He bit his bottom lip scooting further in the chair.

"I don't know."He shrugged shifting his eyes.

I leaned forward panicking.

"What the hell you mean you don't know? Where is the bitch?"I raised my voice.

"Look bro calm down nothing is going to track back to you. Last thing I saw before I left was the paramedics bringing out a body bag. I made it look like an accident and you have joint custody right? You came and got Qirin. I handled it." He let out at ease. He puffed his cigarette again.

"So now that's done. You finally going to pop the question?"He asked smiling at me.

I looked up at him and raised a brow. I sighed then shrugged.

"I don't know anymore."I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"The fuck you mean?! She is the mother of your child! You better!"He scolded me

"The fuck you mean?! She is the mother of your child! You better!"He scolded me. I scoffed , what did he know? He didn't even have a girlfriend.

"Don't get me wrong I do but her father ain't trying to let that happen."I said running my fingers through my hair.

"You gonna let pops stand in your way? It's her decision."Rome asked looking me over like I was crazy. I shrugged and let out a deep breath.

I had a lot on my mind.