Chapter 2

Vic's p.o.v

"Give me the pizza!"

"No, Mike! It's mine!"

"Hand it over!"

I watched as Mike, Jaime and Tony were fighting over a slice of pizza, eating my taco from Taco Bell. We were just hanging out before our big tour with Sleeping With Sirens and All Time Low, which kicks off in two days, and the best to let loose is to pop open a bottle of Jack Daniels and just be dorks.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out to see an unknown number. I answered it and held the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello. I'm looking for a Victor Fuentes. Is this him?" a woman asked me.

"This is Victor. Who is this?" I questioned.

"My name is Catherine Evans from child Care services of New York. Are you familiar with Cara Rodriguez?" Catherine asked.

I heart broke at the mention of my ex-girlfriend. She dumped me right after graduation and moved away without even saying goodbye. "Yes. She was my ex-girlfriend. Not to be rude, but why?"

"Well, Cara recently passed away in a car accident, and I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but you have a daughter. Her name is Victoria," Catherine explained.

I froze and nearly dropped my phone. I got up and walked outside. "I-is she okay?" I asked.

"She's fine, sir. But since her mother passed, we were hoping that you would take custody over her," Catherine said. "If not, we have no choice but to take her to an orphanage. I understand that you're in a band, and it does make sense that it'll be difficult raising a child, but-"

"Yes," I interrupted her. "I will absolutely take custody over her."

"Fantastic! I'll tell her to pack her bags and to catch a flight to San Diego immediately. I'll send you a picture of her so you'll be able to find her at the airport tomorrow."

"Alright. Thank you so much, ma'am."

"You're welcome, sir. Have a nice day."

I hung up and ran a hand over my hair. Of course I knew about Cara's pregnancy with Victoria and of course I was there for her North. Sure, we were eighteen when Victoria was born, and college and music were big at the time, but that didn't stop me from holding my baby girl and crying out of pure happiness. Until Cara dumped me right after graduation and took the baby with her. I never heard from her since.

I walked back inside and glanced at the guys. "Who was on the phone?" Mike asked. I looked at him and covered my mouth, sniffling. "Dude, you okay? What happened?"

I walked over to them and sat down, playing with my hands. I wiped off my tears and bit my lip. "It's actually a long story," I said.

I felt a pat on my shoulder and looked at Jaime. "Vic, we're a family. You can tell us anything," he assured me.

I smiled and nodded. "I got a call from child care services over at New York. A social worker call me and told me that my high school ex- girlfriend Cara Rodriguez died in a car accident," I started.

"Dude that's awful," Tony said. "But why are you getting a call about her?"

I swallowed down a gulp and took a deep breath, trying so hard not to cry. "Because Cara is the mother of my daughter, Victoria," I explained. "After Cara and I broke up, she took her away and forbade me from ever seeing her. But since Cara passed, I now have custody over her now, and she's coming on tour with us."

It was deathly silent, and I was scared to look up, but I did anyways. Mike, as expected, was nearly in tears, and Jaime and Tony were just shocked.