Chapter 12

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

"But I'm don't wanna."

"Too bad, so sad."

"But, daddy!"

"Victoria Elizabeth Anna Maria Antoinette Fuentes, not another word out of you!" Dad scolded me. "It's just dinner."
"And the guys, and their girlfriends, and your parents!" I added. "What if I say something stupid and everyone laughs at me?"

"You'll be just fine, Care Bear," he assured me.

We parked in front of his parents' house and he killed the engine. I looked at my reflection in the window and gave my makeup a once over. I wore a red high-low dress paired with silver leather strappy heels and painted my nails with Blackheart's Rose Red nail polish. I just tied my hair up in a high, curly ponytail.

Dad opened the door and held out his hand. "Come on. The others are waiting," he said. I unbuckled my seatbelt and took his hand, climbing out of the car and slammed the door shut. He locked the car and walked towards the front door.

"I'm nervous," I mumbled.

Dad rang the door and kissed my forehead. "They'll love you just as much as I do," he replied. The door opened and his mom opened the door. "Victor!" She said. She kissed dad's cheek and hugged him.

"Hi, mama," dad said. "I brought someone for you to meet."

She pulled away and and looked at me. I could tell that she knew and she was going to cry any moment. "Mama, this is Victoria. Mija, this is your grandmother, Vivian."

"It's nice to meet you, mama," I said politely.

"Oh, look at you! You're all grown up into a beautiful young woman," she said to me. "May I have a hug?"

I complied and hugged my grandmother. She held me tight and kissed my forehead. I'd be lying if I say I didn't fight back any tears. She finally pulled away and took my hand. "Come in. Everyone is waiting on you two."

We followed her in the house and she led us to the living room, where the guys were watching Harry Potter. Mike's doing, obviously.

"Watching Harry Potter without me? Meanie," I joked.

"You were taking too long. I wasn't going to wait," Mike replied. "Get over here. I want you to meet my lady."

I walked over and sat on Mike's lap. "Beautiful niece, meet my beautiful girlfriend Alysha. Beautiful girlfriend, meet my beautiful niece, Victoria."

"Hello," I said.

"It's nice to finally meet you. Mike will not stop talking about you," she said.

"Better be good things," I mumbled.

"They were," she giggled.

"And that's Erin, Jessica and Danielle is on the phone," Mike said.

I waved at them and Erin hugged me. "Welcome to the family, honey. Don't be afraid to come to us if you need us, okay?"

"Okay."

Dad walked over to us and picked me up, carrying me away. "Papa wants to meet you," he said. He carried me to the patio where Papa was playing the guitar.

"Hi, Papa," dad said, putting me down.

I took his hand and walked over to my grandfather. He looked up and smiled at me, putting down his guitar. "Papa, this is Victoria."