Chapter 22

Victoria's p.o.v

I sat in the therapist's waiting room, clenching and unclenching the fabric of my dress. Daddy sat next to me with his arm around my shoulder and Danielle on my other side. I was beginning to regret my decision coming here. I felt Daddy play with the ends of my hair and I looked up at him.

"You look beautiful, mija. Did Danielle do your hair?" He asked.

I nodded. "She did  god job. Don't worry about the therapist. It'll be fine," he assured me. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. I wish I could calm down the anxiety building up inside and tell myself that I was in good hands, but I was too frightened to even think.

The door opened and briefly glanced up. A girl and who I think is her mother walked in and made way to the reception desk. The girl next to her stood next to the older woman, on her phone. She had long red hair top with a New York hat that traveled down to her butt and wore an unbuttoned New York Yankees jersey, revealing her white bandeau top, distressed light blue denim jeans, and Nike Air Force.  She flipped her hair over her shoulder and glanced over at me, looking at me up and down. I felt my cheeks burn as the girl smirked at me and winked at me before walked over to an available seat and made herself comfortable, her eyes not leaving me.

I broke our eye exchange. I looked at Daddy who watched the girl with a smile. "Danielle, I think care bear has an admirer," Daddy said. I let go on his hand and smacked his stomach. "Stop. What is she hears?" I whispered.

"I don't know. She's kind of pretty," Danielle commented. "She has nice hair."

All of the sudden, I wanted to be in the therapist's room really badly. Anywhere but here. I stole a glance at the girl and saw that her eyes were trailing up an down my black cloaked body. She was either checking me out, or vomiting inwardly. I was betting on the second one.

"Mierda, esa chica se ve tan bien! Desgarraría ese vestido y se pondría tan rápido en ella. ¡Maldita ( Fuck, that girl looks so damn fine! I would tear apart that dress and get down on her so quick. Goddamn!)!" I heard her mutter in spanish.

My cheeks were flaring red at this point, and I was pretty sure I looked like a tomato. I covered my chest. "¿Disculpe? (Excuse me?)" I asked her. "No te vas a meter en nada en cualquier momento. ( You're not getting down on anything anytime soon.)"

She shrugged and smirked even bigger, if that was even possible. "Nunca digas nunca, hermoso (Never say never, beautiful)." We stared at each other for the longest of time, just locking eyes with each other. I eventually caved in and broke into a smile, a small giggle escaping my lips.

"Victoria Fuentes."

I looked up at the woman who offered me a warm smile and walked over to her, shaking her hand. "I'm Doctor Adams. Follow me, if you will," she said. I turned around and smiled nervously at Daddy and Danielle, waved goodbye at the flirty girl and followed Doctor Adams into her office. "Take a seat, Miss Fuentes.  I'm going to ask you a series of questions, some may be more difficult to discuss about. If that's the case, please let me know and I'll try to ease up, okay?"

I nodded and placed my right leg over my left and my hands folded on my lap. "So what brings you in here, Victoria?" Doctor Adams asked me, notepad in hand. I sighed and brushed a lock of hair behind my ear. "My, um, my family kind of requested that I see a therapist after finding out about how... my-my past is kind of... haunting me, I guess you could say, and it's really taking a toll on me, so, um, that's why I'm here. My abusive mother died in a car crash and I've been having a hard time leaving her behind alongside with my past."

"I see. I imagine so. About how long ago was her death?" Dr. Adams asked me.

"About four months ago, almost five," I answered.