Chapter 36

Mike's p.o.v

"Mike, I'm going out, do you need anything?"

I sat down on the couch, staring at the TV, watching the news. All the news channels have been covering what went down at the APMAs. Authorities have reported fifty injured and fifteen killed. Victoria was the only one reported missing, and Jesse was one of the injured victims, getting shot and all.

I had a gut feeling that told me that Victoria was the main target this entire time. She just had to be. "I'm good, Alysha. You go one ahead," I said to her.

"Mike-"

"Alysha, I just need some time to myself for a while. You go on ahead. I'll be fine," I cut her off.

Alysha seemed a bit reluctant to leave me here, but she grabbed her purse and walked out. Now, it was just me all by myself. In a way, I felt for all of responsible for all of this. It was silly, but looking back at all those late night fucks with Cara during high school made me regret everything. Because of me, I possibly broke the chance of Vic being a father, and I robbed Victoria's opportunity at actually being accepted into a loving and caring family. If I just kept my dick in my pants, would things be any different?

"Mind if I take a seat?"

I looked up and saw Vic leaning against the wall. Compared to me, Vic looked like an actual train wreck. I felt nothing but sympathy for the guy. I couldn't imagine how bad he must feel right now. "Sure. Beer's in the fridge if you want any."

"I've had enough beer. Getting drunk isn't going to change the fact that my baby's been abducted," Vic said. He took a seat next to me and wrung his hands together. "I, uh, got a hold of Jesse the other day. He told me that he should be out today or tomorrow and then after that, he's going to stay with his older brother."

"Any word on Victoria?" I asked.

Vic shook his head and rubbed his eyes. I didn't realize this until now, but his eyes are really red. How often does he cry? "They haven't found anything but a rifle, but they're going to keep looking," he informed me. "I'm really sorry, Mike. I've been an ass to you."

"I don't blame you. I had sex with your girlfriend and that was uncalled for. I should be the one apologizing to you, not the other way around," I said. "I shouldn't have done what I did, and I regret that. If you want, we can still get a test done and find out who's the father."

"I don't care about some stupid to test, Mike. At this point, I just want her home safe and sound," Vic sniffed. I felt bad, watching my older brother cry. This was the first time we actually talked without him lashing out in anger.

"They'll find her. She's out there Somewhere," I assured him.

I said that, but I wasn't too sure myself. I want to keep believing that Victoria is still living and breathing somewhere in the world, but with every passing day, I grew worries. What if they don't find her in time? What if she's dead?

I pray to God that she's okay, wherever she is.

Victoria's p.o.v

I can't take it anymore. I don't know long I can last it here without killing myself.

It's been, like, maybe two weeks since the APMAs and I'm living in a nightmare. For the first time in my life, I would rather get beaten to death than dealing with Micaela.

She's obsessed with sex, all day every day, and bratty as well. Being a prisoner of her home, I found out that the lady who accompanied her at the therapist's office was in fact her mother, while her father is a successful businessman who somehow managed to get to rich he could afford this whole place.