Chapter 26

Vic's P.o.v

I lied down in bed, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep a wink last night, but how could I after finding out that my brother had sex with my ex-girlfriend and was well aware that Cara was going to take my daughter away from me. Knowing that Mike and Cara had sex hurt me, but the fact that he hid this from me for so long broke my heart even more. I thought I could trust him, since he was my brother, but I guess I was wrong.

I sat up in my bed and wiped off the dried up tears from last night, then took a quick shower and got dressed. I walked into Victoria's bedroomd slowly opened the door. I smiled and tiptoed towards Victoria's sleeping figure. Her eyes were closed and she held the stuffed monkey close to her, a small smile on her face. I sat down on her bed and pushed the hood of her monkey onesie, gently shaking her awake.

"Mija. Baby, wake up," I whispered.

Victoria groaned and buried hrr head underneath her covers. "Victoria, it's time for you to wake up," I chuckled.

"Victoria is not here at the moment. Please leave a message after the tone. After the message, you can modify it or press pound for more options. Beep," Victoria mumbled.

I smiled and lied down next to her, my arm draped over her waist. "Hi, Victoria. It's daddy. I thought that since today was our last day together, I'd take you to the  surprise destination. For more information, come find me downstairs after you've gotten ready. I love you, baby monkey."

I kissed her cheek and got off her bed, walking out of her bedroom. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. While Victoria was showing upstairs, I made her favorite, or what I hope will be favorite, to be exact: mickey mouse waffles with eggs and bacon.

"Good morning, daddy," Victoria said, walking in the kitchen and hugging me from behind. "Do you feel better? You sounded really mad at Uncle Mike."

I gave her a fake smile and poured the batter into the waffle maker. "I'm fine," I lied. "Don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?" Victoria asked me. 

I looked at her and nodded. Lately, I've been worried about Victoria, with her health and her PTSD, but the tables have turned. Now she's the one worried about me, and I'm the one feeding her lies. "Why don't you go watch some TV while I finish making breakfast?" I said.

Victoria frowned at me, but she let go and walked over to the living room, giving me a look that read "this isn't over." When I was done making breakfast, I picked up the plates snd her medicine and joined Victoria in the living room.

"Bon appetite," I said, handing her the plate. "If you eat, I'll give you a hint on where we're going on this fine morning."

She stared at the plate and up at me. "You're lucky I love Mickey Mouse," she said to me, eather pancakes with a smile. I kissed her cheek and watched Tangled with her. When she was done, I fed her her medicine.

"Ready?" I asked.

She nodded and switched off the TV. Victoria took my car keys and ran out to the door to the car. I followed her and locked the house door behind me, and got in the car.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" Victoria asked me. "Give me a hint.

"The place where we're going have mammals," I said.

"Daddy!"

"Don't be a baby."

"I'm your baby."

I smiled and turned on the radio, then draped an arm out the window. "Want another hint?"

"A helpful one, please," she replied.

"Where we're going have lost souls, and they need to be found," I said.

"That doesn't make any sense!" She whined.

I chuckled and stopped at a red light. "You have to think about it, pumpkin. Think Disney. What's the meaning behind Lilo and Stitch?"

"Lilo means "lost" in Hawaiian, so the title means lost and put back together."

"And where did Lilo first meet Stitch?"

I caught a glimpse of Victoria's smile, which made me smile. "Are we seriously getting a puppy?" She asked me.

"Well, you're getting a puppy. Consider this my present before I leave," I said.

Victoria squealed and jumped in her seat. I parked in front of the animal shelter and killed the engine. Victoria didn't even wait for me and bolted out the car and into the animal shelter.

"Victoria, don't run," I scolded her.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I took a quick glance at it. Mike was calling me, so I quickly declined his call. As childish ad it seemed, I was in no state to talk to him. I walked in and picked up Victoria. "Stop running around, Victoria. You're too hyper," I said, kissing her cheek.

"Someone came and adopted the last Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy. I'm sad," Victoria pouted.

"There are other puppies out there that need homes, mija. I'm sure right behind those doors there's a dog that just going to click with you, and you're going to take it home. Maybe it's going to be better than a Cavalier King Charles," I assured her.

She nodded and I put her down. "Come on back here so you can meet the puppies," the lady at the front desk said.

We followed her and was greeted by a bunch of dogs barking. "There's so many doggies. How  am I going to choose one?" Victoria murmured.

"Listen to your heart, mija," I said.

I felt my phone ring and took it out. Jaime was calling so I let Victoria look at the dogs herself while I answered. "Hello?"

"Yo, Vic!" Jaime said cheerfully. "You home? We need to start setting up for the party tonight."

Fuck. I forgot. Every hear a the guys and a bunch of other bands coke together for our Warped Tour party. Since Pierce The Veil would be featured in the tour, it was our turn throw the party. "No, I'm out with Victoria right now. You can get in through. The keys under the flower pot."

"When do you think you'll be home?" He asked me.

"I don't know. Twenty, thirty minutes?" I replied. "When I get home I'll help set up."

"Does Victoria know?"

"I haven't told her about it. I forgot about it till now."

"Daddy, come look at this one!" Victoria called out to me.

"I gotta go, but I'll be home soon," I said to Jaime.

"Okay. See ya!" Jaime said, then hung up. I walked over to Victoria and saw her staring at a black and white dog who was sleeping in a corner. "Isn't he the most beautiful Papillon you've ever seen?" Victoria asked me.

"A what?" I looked at her confused. What the fuck was that? Is that some weird Spanish that I don't know?

"Papillon means butterfly in French. They gave the breed that name because of their ears," she explained. She wiped her eyes and I noticed that she had tears in her eyes. "The lady told me that this puppy's old owner used to neglect and abuse him. Hearing that breaks my heart, because I know what's that like. To give your heart to someone and getting hurt in the end."

She looked at me and pointed at the dog. "I want this puppy. He should have a chance to know what ohana is."

I smiled and hugged her from behind. "Something tells me you're going to name him Stitch," I said.

"Something tells me you're right."

A/N: I'LL STOP IT HERE, BUT I'LL CONTINUE THIS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER