Chapter 29

⬆Victoria's onesie⬆

Tony's p.o.v

I sat on the couch, watching Star Wars, as always, with bundles of used tissue papers cluttered around me. Out of all days to get sick, it had to be on Comic Con
Erin wanted to stay to take care of me, but I told her (more like forced her) to go and take Victoria, since it was her first Comic Con. I said that I was a big boy and that I could take care of myself, but I'm beginning to regret my decision.

I sneezed and rubbed my nose in annoyance. "Shit," I groaned.  I leaned my head back and allowed my mind started to drift off to Victoria, the poor little girl who's suffering in a battle with herself. Yesterday was Victoria's therapist's appointment, and I was so curious to know what Victoria and her therapist wee talking about. Were they talking about her life before meeting Vic? Were they talking about her mother? I could tell that they were some things that Victoria was keeping from us just by looking into her eyes. The same eyes that welled up with hot tears after a nightmare. The same eyes that screamed out help. I wanted to know more about her past. I wanted to make sure I knew everything about her in order to care for her.

"Tony?"

I blinked and looked at Erin. Her hair was wet and had water dripping from the ends. She must have gotten out of the shower. "What are you doing here? I thought you went to bed."

I shrugged and focused my attention to the TV, even though I wasn't really paying any attention. "Just thinking about some things. How's Victoria?" I asked.

"She's taking a bubble bath. She never had one, so I gave her one," Erin said. Sure enough, I could hear water splashing and Victoria singing a nursery rhyme. "Victoria, don't make a mess in there!"

"Yes, Tía Erin!" Victoria yelled out.

I smiled a bit and yawned. "She's adorable, in a childish kind of way," I said.

Erin kissed my cheek and rested her head on my shoulder. "Tony, please tell me what's wrong. I know something's wrong," Erin pleaded.

I contemplated for a while before answering. "It's just... no matter how Hard I try not to think about it, I can't stop thinking about Victoria. When I saw her lying on that hospital bed, it was as if my heart was broken. Seeing those scars on her wrists makes me cry, and the fact that she's on suicide watch makes me cry harder. I know I haven't known her for long, but I don't want her to go through that kind of pain that I went through back in high school."

Erin rubbed my arm and kissed my cheek. "Life hasn't been easy for her, Tone. Depression, anxiety, anorexia. It's as if the weight of the world dropped on her shoulder and she's breaking under the weight," Erin said. "But she's not alone. We're a family. We'll all help Victoria overcome these tough trials. Besides, she has Stitch."

I smiled a bit and kissed her. Even though I knew she was right, I still couldn't help but to feel guilty about the whole thing. I wasn't sure why, but I felt as if I was at fault. I felt like everything bad happening to Victoria was my fault, even though I had only known her for five months. It's a weird, unsettling feeling in my stomach and I hated it.

"Ready for bed?" Erin asked.

I looked up and saw Victoria walking over to us, dressed in a unicorn onesie, and holding a sleeping Stitch in her arms. "Stitch fell asleep in my arms. Isn't he adorable?" Victoria gushed.

I smiled and stood up, yawning. "I'm going off to bed," I announced. I kissed Victoria's forehead and walked off to me and Erin's bedroom. I've gotten better at sleeping with the cast on, even though it was really uncomfortable. That is, if I got any sleep.

Thinking about Victoria kept me awake for a couple of nights, preventing me from sleeping. There were small miracles where I would doze off, but a thirty minute nap wasn't going to help me regain my strength. I shouldn't be hurting myself over the matter, but I'm scared. Scared of losing her. I was in her place once, and it was hell. I have to be ready, even if I forget to take care of myself.

We almost lost Victoria once because of suicide. I'll be damned if I let her go and die.

I'M SORRY FOR NOT POSTING! FORGIVE ME! I'LL TRY HARDER TO POST MORE FREQUENTLY!

SMALL SIDE NOTE: IN CASE ANYONE IS CONFUSED, IT'S JUNE AT THIS POINT. I WANNA SAY, MID-JUNE MAYBE? AROUND THAT TIME. SO THE APMAS IS COMING UP. I'M TRYING TO LINE THE STORY PERFECTLY WITH EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO THE BAND IN REALITY.

QOTD: WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER?

SIDE NOTE #2: IF I WROTE A DANNY PHANTOM FANFIC, WHO WOULD READ IT?