Chapter 33

Victoria's p.o.v

I sat in my bubble bath, mind deep in thought as I washed my hair. Blaring out of my phone gently was No Scrubs, covered by the cast of Glee. I sang along, but my mind was elsewhere. I was torn between telling Daddy the truth about me relapsing and stopped eating, but the other part of me  is telling me to confess after the APMAs. It didn't help that my stomach was hurting so much and my head was aching more than usual.

I looked at my scar covered wrists and held back my tears. A few on my old scars reopened, along with some new one to add to the collection. I was disgusted with myself. Here I was trying to change my life around after being abused for so long, and just when I think I'm free from hell, Mom comes back from the dead and haunts my ass into depression. I had no intention on hurting anyone, that's not my goal. But at the same time, I can only pretend I'm fine for so long until I shatter in the end. 

And then there was Daniel. I know he's around here somewhere, waiting for a chance to strike. I was so pumped to go to the APMAs, but now that he's possibly going to be there, I may not even go now. I brushed my bangs off my face and sighed, sinking deeper in the water. My phone buzzed to life, cutting off my Glee jam and replacing it when Ariana Grande. I dried my hands and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Sylveon, it's Umbreon," Jesse's voice said through the other line. "We need to talk. Come over to room 182."

I stayed silent. Did Jesse find out about my Anorexia? He was always good at pointing things out. That's why I always sucked when we played Hide and Seek when we were kids. "Sure. I'm on my way," I reluctantly said, then hung up. "Dammit, I'm screwed."

I quickly washed my long hair and rinsed off, then slipped on a pair of shorts and a Mickey Mouse tank top . I grabbed my phone and tiptoed out of the bathroom and past Daddy, who was sleeping. I snatched the room key and silently stepped out. I knew where Jesse's room thanks to Jaime getting us lost when we were looking for our hotel room. I stood in front of his room door and knocked on the door.

Jesse opened the door and I stared at his chest for a while before looking up at him. I'm not sure what kind of glow up he went through, but I have to admit, he's as hot as the California Reaper. "Checking me out again, Sylveon?" Jesse teased me. I jokingly glared at him and crossed my arms. 

"I did not sneak past my father just for you to tease me, JJ," I said.

He smiled, but it dropped to a frown. He stepped outside and closed the door behind him. "Daniel's inside, drunk off his ass and I don't want you around him. but that's not why I called you here. Let's cut the bullshit, Victoria? Are you anorexic?" he asked me.

"Jesse-"

"Don't try to sugarcoat it, Victoria. When I hugged you, it was like hugging a skeleton. I'm not trying to bash you, but I want to know the truth. Are you anorexic?" Jesse cut me off.

"Yes!" I bawled. "I have Anorexia, I have Depression, I have PTSD! Is that what you want to hear, Jesse? Do want to hear how much of a failure I am?! Do you want to hear how much of a disappointment I am?!" I didn't mean to yell at him, but I was so frustrated with so much at the moment. Jesse looked at me with sympathy and I hated it. "Don't look at me like that, Jesse! Don't look at me like I'm some sort of antique porcelain doll. I'm not fragile! I'm tired of people looking at me and dousing me sympathy! I don't want your fucking sympathy! I don't need that shit! You can take that sympathy shit and shove it up your-"

My words were muffled when Jesse bent down and kissed me. My eyes were wide, but I melted and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and pressed my back against the wall and stood there as we made out for a solid minute. We pulled away and I stared into his puppy brown eyes. "You talk too much, you know that?" Jesse said. I was so disoriented after our little kissing session, I didn't reply. "You're not a failure, Victoria. What your mother did to you was uncalled for and an vicious act of child abuse. You're not to blame. Your mother was a tyrannical, malicious, degrading woman who spends her money on alcohol and porn."

"But, Jesse-"

"But nothing, Victoria. I can't stand seeing you get hurt. I hated it sitting on the sidelines and watching you get beat up and not doing anything, and we up again and I see you unhealthily skinny and self harm scars on your beautiful body. And don't even say you're not beautiful, because you are! You could have a little bit of baby fluff and I'll still date you! I don't ever want you see you hurt yourself again, because it hurts me! Do you realize that I've had a crush on you since we were five? How do you think I would have reacted once I found out that my longtime crush died because her bitchy mother was an abusive cunt and neglected her and my stepfather sexually assaulted her at age eight all because I didn't do my job as best friend?"

I stared in Jesse with guilt sitting in my chest. I didn't even realize that Jesse felt that way about me. I mean, once we came to sixth grade, we traded some flirting here and there, but I didn't know he was serious. In a way, I should have noticed, seeing the way he pulled me onto his lap and cuddle with me when I came to him after a beating from Mom, but I didn't think he actually had feelings for me. I slipped my hands in his hair and rubbed his cheeks with my thumbs, "Please don't cut yourself, Victoria. Your family loves you... I love you," Jesse pleaded. "Please, just... please."

I bit my lip and leaned in, kissing him. It was short, but passionate. "Victoria Elizabeth Anna Maria Antoinette Fuentes, get back in this hotel room now!" Daddy yelled. Jesse pulled away and put me down, but held my hand. "Please, I need you. You're my Sylveon, and I'm your Umbreon. We balance each other out," Jesse said.

Daddy walked over and yanked me away from Jesse. "You're a fourteen-year-old girl, Victoria. You shouldn't be thinking about boys and kissing! You're supposed to be thinking about Disney and My Little Pony! If you think you're going to the APMAs now, you've got another thing coming!" Daddy ranted on. "What were thinking, sneaking out like tha-"

I tuned him out and smiled, the first genuine one since I got here. I felt bad, since Micaela was waiting for a kiss back in San Diego, but at the same time, I didn't. 

A/N: THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME! I WANTED TO ADD SOME VICTORIA X JESSE IN HERE, THUS THIS CHAPTER WAS BORN! WOULD THEIR SHIP BE VESSIE? IT HAS A NICE RING TO IT, DON'T YOU THINK? I ALSO ADDED A LITTLE EASTER EGG ABOUT DANIEL, IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE! AND VIC GOT SO PROTECTIVE! MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS!

SO WHAT SIDE ARE YOU ON: TEAM JESSE OR TEAM MICAELA?

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING, LOVES!