Chapter 34

Inspired by "Tangled in the Great Escape" by Pierce The Veil

Jesse's p.o.v

"Desperate times and desperate measures! I come so close my hopes are severed by the downside! A million waves in the ocean crash at once to make to smile !" Victoria sang.

I watched Victoria sing along to All Time Low as they perform for the APMAs. I stood behind her with my arms around her, swaying us both side to side. I'm surprised Vic let us both come to the APMAs. After all, I did kiss his daughter, not that I regret it after all. All the venomous glares I got from her dad and her "uncles" were completely worth it.

I looked around the the stadium to make sure Daniel wasn't around. How he found out that Victoria was in Cleveland, I don't know, but if he thinks I'm just going to hand Victoria over to him, he's getting a bullet in between his eyes, because fuck that.

"Jesse? Are you okay?" Victoria asked me.

I looked at her and smiled. Victoria wore a red strapless dress with gold strappy heels. Her chocolate brown hair draped over her right shoulder in curls with a black rose pinned to the side of her head and pearl earrings. Even with Anorexia, she still managed to look good.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me," I said.

Victoria frowned and hugged my waist. She was always the affectionate one growing up. Her own mother never gave it to her, so she always depended on others, like me and Delilah, to give it to her. She's like an abandoned puppy hungry for love.

I took Victoria hand and sat her back down at the table. Victoria scooted close to me and rested her head on my shoulder as they clapped for Pierce The Veil. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I didn't want Victoria to freak out, so I took my IPhone out of my pocket and opened the text.

I'll be your detonator

I frowned and reread the text a couple of times. What does that even mean, and why the fuck did he just quote My Chemical Romance? What would that even mean-

Oh no.

"Um, you want to get some fresh air? It's getting kind of stuffy in here," I said.

Victoria looked at me, confused. "But daddy's not back yet. And they're about to announce the winner for Best Underground Band," she complained.

"But it's getting a bit crowded here. Aren't you a little claustrophobic?" I questioned.

"Why? What's going on-"

I pulled Victoria under the table as a massive explosion erupted, followed by shooting. Screaming was heard and I watched as the audience ran out to the exit. I held Victoria close to me, who was trembling in fear. "Come on. We need to get you out of here. Let's go."

I crawled out from under the table and scooped Victoria up in my arms. I ran along with the crowd, looking for a safe exit out. I was pissed off. What the fuck is he planning?

"Jesse, I'm scared," Victoria whimpered. She held on to my tuxedo and sobbed. I hated seeing her cry. It made me feel like shit. A gunshot rippled through the air and I fell down in pain. I crumbled to ground on top of Victoria, spilling profanities out of my mouth in Spanish.

"That cunt!" I screamed.

"How mean. Breaks my heart."

I flipped onto my back and glared at Daniel. He smirked at me and held a handgun in his hand. "Why didn't you telle that our little whorehouse was here? I would have made this entire thing a little more... suitable for the guest of honor," he snickered.