Chapter 25

Jaime's p.o.v

I watched Victoria go up the stairs and turned to Vic. Just by looking at him, I could tell he was pissed, but kept it at bay for Victoria's sake. I still couldn't believe what I heard from Victoria's family member. I looked at Tony who was equally as shocked as I was.

"Is that true?" Vic finally asked Mike when we heard Victoria's door close.

"Vic-"

"IS THAT TRUE?!" Vic yelled at Mike, standing. "ANSWER ME, GODDAMIT! IS IT TRUE?!"

"Yes, it's true! Cara and I had sex and we slept together!" Mike admitted. "Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Vic charged at Mike but Tony and I held him back from killing his brother. "How could you?! How could you do that to me?! We're brothers! We have the same blood, and you do some shit like that to me? Behind my back?"

"Vic, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sleep with her! It just happened!" Mike said.

"'It just happened?' What kind of pathetic excuse is that?! You were the one who always told me that Cara wasn't good enough for me and how I deserved better, but behind my back, you're eating her pussy! Why don't you go ahead and fuck Danielle why you're out it, since you're fucking girlfriends now?"

"Can I fucking talk without you yelling at me?" Mike snapped.

"Why should I let you talk? You back stabbed me!" Vic yelled back.

"We were teenagers!"

"That's no excuse!"

"Enough!" Tony yelled. Mike and Vic stopped yelling and stared at Tony. "Vic, I get that you're pissed, but stop yelling. Your daughter is upstairs in her bedroom, and she can hear you shouting at the top of your lungs.  Listen to what Mike has to say," Tony said.

"He's right, Vic," I said. "Yelling isn't going to get you anywhere."

Vic glared at me and stormed to the kitchen, grabbing a beer from the fridge. "Vic, I'm sorry. Honestly, bro, I am. I fucked Cara  behind your back, and it was wrong for me to that. I knew Cara was going to break up with you, but I didn't think she was seriously going to take Victoria away.  I swear on that part," Mike said. "Really, Vic. I-I really am sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"But you knew, right? You knew Cara was going to dump me and you knew she was going to take away my daughter, right?" Vic yelled. He guzzled down the beer in his hand and chucked it at the wall, the glass shattering.

"Vic, stop! Victoria is going to hear and someone might call the cops!" Danielle scolded him. She grabbed his arm, but he shrugged her off.

"That girl is my only daughter, Mike! The most important thing that came out of our relationship! I haven't seen my baby daughter in thirteen years, and look what happened! My baby is traumatized to death after dealing with her abusive mother for so long! She can't even sleep properly without waking up and screaming bloody murder because she's so afraid her mother is going to kill her! Do you know what that's like?! To helplessly watch someone you love so damn much tear themselves and you can't do anything?! My baby wouldn't have to go through this shit if you told me the truth! She wouldn't have to be a victim of child abuse! She wouldn't have PTSD or anorexia or depression! She wouldn't have to go to therapy and take medications! She wouldn't need any of that shit! This argument wouldn't have come up if you told me what happened between you and Cara! Why the fuck didn't you tell me, you son of a bitch?!"

I looked and Jessica and held her close to me, wiping the tears off her eyes and kissing her forehead. "I'm sorry," Mike said. He didn't try to dry off his teary eyes.

"Sorry doesn't change the fact that I missed over a decade of my baby girl's life, Michael," Vic snapped, walking upstairs. "Get out of my house. Leave me alone."

"Vic, I-"

I put my hands on Mike's shoulder and shook my head. "Don't add fuel to the fire. I'll talk to him," I said, going upstairs. I saw Victoria's room door open and was about to walk in, but I stopped when I heard Vic talk.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that, baby girl. Did I scare you?" He asked.

"A little, yeah. Are you and Uncle Mike fighting because of me? Is it my fault?" She questioned him.

"No, baby. Of course not. You don't have anything to do with this. Daddy just... doesn't trust Uncle Mike right now," he said to her. "Don't worry about it, pumpkin. Get some rest. You had a long day. Good night, baby monkey. Sweet dreams."

"Goodnight, daddy."

I leaned against the wall and watch Vic exit out of Victoria's bedroom, slowly closing the door. He looked at me and crossed my arms. "You wanna talk?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything, but I saw some tears welling up in his eyes. I pulled him in a hug and let him cry on my shoulder, rubbing his back. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that he was hurt. It was pretty obvious. I heard the door slam shut downstairs, so I thought that Mike might have actually left with Alysha. I didn't care. Right now, my job was to comfort Vic.