Chapter 6

Victoria's p.o.v

I sat on the couch in the green room, playing my new guitar. It sounded so beautiful and so serene. Lilah, being an amazing cousin, also tucked in a guitar string bangle bracelet with Disney guitar picks dangling around, and a Mickey Mouse journal and pen. I was playing Remembering Sunday on the guitar when Dad sat next to me.

"Hello, father," I said to him.

"Hello, daughter," Dad replied back in the same time. "How's your day going?"

I looked at him and smiled. "It's going good. And yours?" Dad shrugged and smiled at me. "Good, good. So, I feel bad because I don't know anything about you, and I want to change that. I want to get to know you better."

"Well, what do you want to know?" I questioned him.

"Anything. I need all the information I can get," he answered.

I smiled and set my guitar on my lap. "Well, I would tell you my birthday is in February 24, but you know that already," I said. "Well, my favorite colors are blue, green, purple and gold. My favorite food are milk and cookies, I have a stuffed rabbit named Blink after Blink-182. My favorite Disney movies are Lilo and Stitch, Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid. I love chocolate. My favorite candy is Snickers and Kit Kat. I'm a dog person, and my favorite breed is a King Charles Cavalier Cocker Spaniel. I like playing the drums, guitar, and photography. My favorite Pokémon is Vaporeon and Squirtle, my favorite Disney princess is Ariel, and I don't like being called a princess."

"Why not?" Dad asked me.

"Because everyone thinks that princesses are just frilly girls dressed up in pink and sparkles waiting in a tower for someone to rescue them, and I hate that stereotype. I know not every princess is like that, but I just don't like it. Queens got their stuff handled. They don't need a Prince Charming to rescue them. They're their own knight in shining armor. Besides, I was names after royalty," I explained, dramatically flipping my hair.

Dad scoffed and rolled his eyes. "When did you started playing?" He asked.

"Around five or six years old. I really was interested, so I saved up for a guitar and taught myself. I started playing drums when I was nine."

Dad nodded and smiled. "You really are a Fuentes," he chuckled. "Maybe I'll ask you to sing a song for us."

"Maybe," I said.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out and unlocked it. My smile slowly fades away as I read yet another hate tweet from a fan.

"What's wrong?" Dad asked.

I forced a smile and shook my head, forcing a smile. "Nothing. Just some random spam account. Nothing to worry about," I lied.

I knew that he didn't buy it. The look on his face said it all. "Victoria, you're lying, and I can tell. Why won't you tell me?" He asked.

I looked at him with a sad look. I wanted so badly about how terrible my life was in his absence. I wanted to tell him how rude his fans were being, throwing out hate to me and calling me names like "pathetic loser" "Little Miss Bitch" and "worthless", but I couldn't. All my life, I've never had to go to anyone for help with my problems, not even Lilah. And I wasn't going to start now.

"It's nothing I can't handle," I told him. "You better hurry if you want to get to the meet and greet in time. It's going to start soon."

Dad gave me this "This isn't over" look and walked out. I sighed and looked at the tweet once again.

'Ew, why would @piercethevic take custody over such an ugly rat like you? You're so fat and ugly! Whore!"

It wasn't the most original tweet, but it was enough to send me crying. I got up and walked out of the venue, ignoring the crude comments the fans threw at me and got on the bus. I slipped my guitar back into the case and sat on the couch, crying.

My eyesight blurred and I sobbed into my eyes. It's not my fault that I'm Vic Fuentes's daughter. I didn't even know we were related, for crying out loud. But all of their fans see me as a nuisance, someone who was never supposed to exist. Maybe it would have been better for everyone.

"Victoria?"

I looked up and saw Jaime looking at me with concern. "Tío Jaimito. I didn't hear you get on the bus," I sniffed, wiping off my tears. "I thought you were at the meet and greet with the guys."

"Forgot my phone," He said. He sat next to me and put his hand on my shoulders. "What's wrong, Chiquita? You're crying."

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Really," I insisted.

*CAUTION COMPLETE MEXICAN CONVERSATION AHEAD! INITIATE GOOGLE TRANSLATE NOW!*

"Victoria, it's obviously something. You're crying," he pointed out. "Tell Tìo Jaimito what's wrong."

I looked at him and rested my head on his shoulder, crying.
"Sus fans me odian . Ellos me odian absolutamente, " I confessed. " Desde que mi padre me presentó como su hija perdida , sus fans han estado conmigo envío de correo basura con insultos y diciéndome a morir y todo eso . Trato de no dejar que me incomode , pero duele tanto! Nunca he sido intimidado antes! "

"¿Su padre sabe de esto?" Jaime questioned me.

"No, y él no va a," I replied back. "Jaime , tienes que prometerme que no le dirás a papá sobre esto. No es a él , ni a nadie. Esto tiene que decir entre nosotros."

"Sabes que no puedo guardar un secreto de su padre , chiquita . Él va a descubrir," he said.

"Se lo diré , cuando esté lista . Pero por ahora , por favor no hablar de esto a nadie!" I begged him.

He looked at me and wiped off the tears off my eyes. "Está bien, mi pequeña chiquita . Con una condición : que tiene que decir a su padre acerca de esto en una semana a partir de hoy . si no, se lo diré . ¿Acuerdo?"

I nodded my head and wiped my eyes. "Acuerdo," I replied. "You better get back to the guys. And don't forget your phone." Jaime smiled and kissed my forehead, then ran to his bunk, grabbed his phone and ran out. "Don't forget. One week!" He said.

I nodded and watched him run back to the venue. I closed the bus door and walked over to the my bunk, where a bag sat. Dad said that some fans brought gifts for me since they were now accepting me into the PTV family. He thinks their just gifts, but I know what they really are.

I opened one of the box and just stared blankly at the contents inside the medium sized box: a some pocket sized knives bundled together and secured with a bow, some pills for me to overdose on, and a gun. I picked up the note and read it as another tear skid down my face.

"Kill yourself, you worthless whore!"

Mike's p.o.v

I stood around waiting for Jaime in the meet and greet area, just joking around with Vic. It's funny how people think I'm the oldest because of my height and Vic's the youngest, when it's really the opposite.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Jaime said.

"Dude, what took you so long?" Vic asked, stuffing his phone into his pocket. Probably for done talking to Danielle, his lady friend.

"I was talking to Victoria,. She said she's not coming. She's feeling sick," Jaime said quickly.

I looked at Vic and we had this silent sibling conversation just by looking at each other. It's just something that we do. "I was just talking to Victoria earlier. She looks fine," Vic said. "You sure, Hime?"

"Yeah, totally. She's not feeling like herself! But c'mon! Let's meet the fans already!" He answered.

My uncle senses kicked in. I knew Jaime was hiding something. He tends tonramble when he's lying. Call it my uncle senses, but he's not telling us everything. I glanced at his shoulder and saw that it was a bit damp.

'What are you hiding, Preciado?' I thought.