Chapter 10

🔼Victoria's singing🔼

Vic's p.o.v

*time skip*

Today was a day off, and we just happened to be in Manhattan today. We took the opportunity and walked around the city, just sightseeing. I made sure to keep a sharp eye on Victoria, who was skipping in front of us and jumping into snow piles.

"Victoria, don't do that. You're going to get sick," I scolded.

"You sound like a dad," Jaime commented.

"Maybe it's because I am," I replied. "I have to worry. She's my only daughter."

Mike walked in front of us and picked her up, kissing her face. "Who just turned fourteen today! You're so big now!" He yelled.

Victoria blushes and fixed the hat on her head. "Is there anything else you wanted to do, that doesn't involve shopping?" I asked, looking at the dozens of shopping bags from Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, and Hot Topic.

Victoria bit her lip and stopped walking. "I want to visit my mother's grave," she said. We all stopped and looked at her. "I just need to have some sort of closure."

I looked at Mike with a shocked expression. I didn't really expect this type of request. I thought she was going to ask to go to a fair or something. I didn't prepare for this.

"Of course we can go see your mother, mija," I said.

"The cemetery isn't far from here actually. We're really close," Victoria said, taking my hand in leading me to our next destination.

As we walked, I thought about this. Truth is, I secretly wanted to have some closure as well. if I didn't say what I need to say, I'll never get the opportunity. We did stop by a florist shop to buy somw flowers for Cara and Victoria led us into the cemetery.

"So, where's your mother?" Tony asked.

"I... I don't know. I couldn't attend her funeral," Victoria admitted.

"Then we'll look around," Mike said.

We all split up and walked the cemetery, looking for Cara's grave. Seeing just how many graves there are here makes me a bit sad.

"We found her!" Tony said.

I walked over to the band, trudging through the snow. How Cara could move Victoria away from the San Diego sun to the Manhattan freezer is a mystery to me.

I stood next to Victoria and looked at Cara's tombstone, reminiscing on all the times we had together before the breakup.

Cara Estelle Rodriguez
April 25, 1983- January 20, 2015
Your memory will carry on

Victoria walked up and knelt in front of her mother's geave, lying down the bouquet. I looked at her and saw the tears falling down. "Hi, mom. It's been a while," she started. "How are you? I'm good, in case you were wondering. I live with daddy now. Aka, Vic Fuentes from Pierce The Veil. Well, we're on tour now, bur we're down with the first leg. We go back to San Diego soon."

Victoria wiped off some tears and looked at us. "You may know him already, but this is Tìo Mike. He's a cool guy. We watch Harry Potter together," Victoria laughed. "Jaime is the silly looking doofus over there, but he makes me laugh so he's chill. Tony's the quiet one silently plotting our deaths because he looks so done with us."

We laughed a bit and smiled. "I'm so glad I met these guys. They made me feel happy, they made me feel loved...something you were never able to do," Victoria continued, crying. "I basically had to grow up all my myself because it was like I didn't have somebody to call my mother. You were so busy wasting your life on alcohol and hooking up with strange guys from the club, you failed to even acknowledge me, yoir own daughter! You abused me physically and emotionally, and even through all that, I still go back running to you and call you mom, even though you don't deserve to be called that. Well I'm done. I'm done giving my heart to people who doesn't deserve it. Goodbye, mother."