Chapter 9

Vic's p.o.v

I sat in the hospital waiting lounge, waiting for any news on Victoria. It's been two hours since I came and nothing. Everytime I saw a doctor, I get so anxious, but I get so upset when they go to someone else about their loved ones and their conditions.

I bit my nails and buried my head into my arms. I felt someone touch my shoulder. I looked up and saw Mike, Jaime, Tony giving me a concerned look.

"Anything on Victoria?" He asked.

I shook my head and wiped the tears off my face. "They haven't said anything about her and I'm worried," I said. "I've been sitting here for two hours and nothing. She wouldn't have been in this situation if I kept an eye on her."

"Vic, you need to stop blaming yourself. Victoria wandered off on her own. No one knew where she was. You're not the one to blame," Mike said.

"I'm sure she's fine, Vic. Think positively," Tony added. "She's strong. I know it."

I sniffed and continued to nibble away at my nails. Jaime sat next to me and looked at his hands. "Victoria should have told you the truth," he said. "A week ago, she told me that the fans were sending her messages on her social media accounts about how much of a poser she was pretending to be your kid and calling her all her rude things. It's been like that since you told the fand about her at the first concert."

I looked at Jaime in shock. This has been going on for two, three weeks and I'm finding about this now? "Why didn't you tell me before?" I questioned him.

"Victoria made me promise not to, and I wasn't going to break the kid's promise and lose her trust. She was going to tell you. She just didn't know when," Jaime explained. "Please don't be mad at her."

I shook my head and sighed. "I could never be mad at my baby. I just wish she told me. I could have done something to prevent something lile this from happening," I said. "I just hope she's okay."

"Victoria Fuentes?" A doctor asked.

I stood up and walked over. "I'm her father. How is she, doctor?" I asked.

"She's going to be just fine, Mr. Fuentes. She has some minor cuts and bruises, but they should heal over time. She broke her wrist, so we put a cast on. It's supposed to stay on for about a good eight weeks. As for the cut on the head, we managed to stitch up the wound. Nothing to serious that you should be worried about, sir, except for the concussion," the doctor informed me. "She took quite a hit, so I advise you that you make sure that she rests before doing any sort of activities."

"Understood. May I see her?" I asked.

He nodded and pointed down the hall. "She's in room 127. She is free to go, so just sign her out at the reception desk," he said. Then walked out.

I nodded and walked down the hallway, looking for Victoria's room. I finally found it, took a deek a deep breath and opened the door. Victoria was lying on the hospital bed, her eyes closed.

"Mija? Baby girl?" I whispered.

We all walked in and I sat next to Victoria's bed. Mike sat on the other side, while Jaime and Tony just stood near the door. I took her hand and kissed it. "Baby, can you hear me?"

"Mmmm," Victoria replied.

She opened her eyes and smiled at me. "You guys came," she mumbled.

"Of course we did, Baby Fuentes. Why wouldn't we?" Jaime said.

"But what about the concert. The fans-"

"We canceled it. You're way too important right now, baby turtle," Tony said.