Chapter 27

Vic's p.o.v

After buying all the necessities for Stitch, we headed home. Of course we stopped by to get some ice cream. I figured Victoria could use a treat. I pulled up to the house and parked in the vrasst, since the driveway was flooded with cars.

"Were we expecting people?" Victoria asked me.

"Yeah. The guys and I were having a party to kick off Warped Tour," I explained. "Mija, if you feel uncomfortable, you can leave. You don't have to stay."

"I'm fine, daddy. Just a little nervous," Victoria admitted. "Do they know about me?"

"Alternative Press knows about you. Word gets around," I told her.

I decided to leave abandon Stitch's new things and just walk in the now packed house. I didn't expect so many people to show up. Victoria stood next to me and looked around nervously.

"They don't bite, you know," I chuckled.

"You don't know that," she muttered, putting a squirming Stitch down.

I smiled and took her hand, leading her through the crowd. Victoria clung onto me as if she would lose me, which I thought was pretty adorable. "Where's Jaime? I have to make sure he didn't fuck up anything."

Just as I said that, I heard an explosion and spotted Jaime standing what was now my smoking stereo. He fanned the smoke away from his face and cringed. "Jaime!" I yelled at him. "What did you do? I just bought this!"

"I didn't do anything! It just started spazzing out," Jaime defended himself. "I can fix this, don't worry."

"How?" I asked him.

He looked at Victoria and back at me. I was confused for a moment, but I caught on to what he was hinting at. "No. Absolutely not. She's already freaking out. Leave my baby out of your fuck up."

"What are you talking about?" Victoria chimed.

"Jaime wants you to sing," I explained simply. "You don't have to."

"It's cool if she doesn't want to. It was just a suggestion," Jaime said.

Victoria looked around at everyone and at me."What if they don't like my singing?" She asked.

"They'll love you." Jaime took her hand and led her to the speaker. He connected my acoustic guitar to the amp and handed it to her. He squeezed her shoulder and kissed her forehead. " I owe you big time, Baby Fuentes."

Victoria glared at Jaime before looking at us. She looked at me and I gave her an encouraging smile.

"Um, Hi. I'm Victoria, Vic's daughter, in case you didn't know," Victoria said. "Since our previous source of entertainment, I'll be singing. So, this is Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson."

Da ra ra ra ra
Da ra ra ra ra
Da ra ra ra ra ra ra

Da ra ra ra ra
Da ra ra ra ra
Da ra ra ra ra ra ra

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray (I would pray)

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could break away

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Lost Daughterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें