Chapter 1

Shania's POV?

"Ugh! It's time to get up already?" I yell to myself as my alarm clock goes off. I have to play in a beach volleyball meet today and I kind of don't feel like it. At least I get to see my friends Allison and Tina. They are so good at volleyball, better than me. 

I run to my bathroom realizing I need to be down to the beach in half and hour. Damn. I strip of my clothing and step into the shower to clean off the daze of sleep.

Once finished I climb out and throw on my black spandex with my red sports bra. I walk to my dresser and grab a pair of grey sweatpants and put those on also. I walk back to my bathroom and brush out my hair then tie it up into a messy bun. I look at myself in the mirror and am satisfied so I go downstairs to say bye to my aunt, Lori. 

"Bye sweetie! Have fun!" says Lori. 

"Thanks! I'll try." I reply then mumble under my breath, "Yeah, I hope I don't run into anyone cute because I sure as hell don't need that problem today."

I walk over to the fridge to grab an apple then go out the door and start my five minute walk to the beach.

I see Tina and Allison sitting on the sand near the courts so I run over to them. 

"Hey guys, are you ready?" I say.

Tina looks at me and says, "Yes, and where were you? We are almost going to start and normally you're the first one here."

"Yeah yeah, long night." I sigh. I couldn't fall asleep last night because I kept having random thoughts of what my future husband might look like. I tried everything to fall back asleep and I wasn't able to until it was an hour before I had to wake up.

"Why so?" Allison chimes into my thoughts.

"Nevermind." I reply. "Let's get going, looks like the other team is getting ready.

We walk over and I notice the rival team. Geeze do they look like they are in shape. We have to play three games before the championship and if we win all three we will advance to the final.

I walk over to the bench and sit down taking in my surroundings. On each end of the court there are bleachers. I notice one person in particular sitting on our side who is also looking at me. I quickly look away knowing that I am blushing. He was cute, brown hair, amazing eyes...what am I doing to myself, focus!