Chapter 3

I run back home and up the steps to my house. I open the door, "Lori! I'm home!"

"Hi sweetie how did it go?"

"We didn't make it, but I have some good news."

"Oh and what is it?"

"I have a date tonight! And he's really cute!"

"Yay, I'm happy for you. When are you leaving and where to?"

"At 7:30 he is picking me up and I think out to dinner...I would assume."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RC's POV

Man is that girl hot. Ugh, what are you thinking, you only just met her. I walk into my house, "Mom I'm home!"

"Ok sweetie. How was your day?" 

"It was good but uh, can you come here?"

"Yeah, one sec." Celine walks down the steps and into the entry way to meet RC. "So what do you need to tell me?"

"I have a date tonight."

"Awe! What's her name?"

"Her name is Shania. She plays beach volleyball and I'm picking her up at her house at 7:30."

"Where are you taking her?"

"Oh yeah, about that. I haven't really thought about that." I scratch my head embarrassed. 

"Well, you could bring her back here for dinner, I'm making tacos."

"Don't you think it's a little early to bring her back here?"

"No, because you are still 15 I would like to meet her before you get too involved."

While sighing I say, "Ok fine."

"Well you should call her and tell her where you guys are going because she might get all dressed up for no reason."

"I'll go do that now."

I run up the steps to my bedroom and almost run into my dad. "Sorry dad!"

"It's ok son."

I barge into my room and close the door then sit on my bed. I grab her number out of my pocket and add her contacts into my phone. I dial it. 

*ring ring*
*ring ring*

She picks up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shania's POV

"Um hello, this is RC."

"Oh hey!"

"So I realized I haven't told you what we are doing yet so I thought I'd let you know so you don't overdress." 

I try to hold in a laugh, realizing that I didn't even bother to ask. "I totally forgot to ask you. So what are we doing?"

"Would you be ok coming over to my house for dinner? My mom's making her "famous" tacos!" I laugh.

"Yes! I would love to! as long as your family is ok with me coming."

"Yes, they are. It was actually my mom who told me that's what we should do."

"Ok cool! So you'll still be here at 7:30?"

"Hmm, would it be ok if I moved the time up to 6:30? Then that way we can hang out some before and after we eat."

"Sure, I'll be ready then."

"Ok, sounds good. Bye."

"Bye." And with that we hang up. I wonder what his parents look like and what his house looks like, I already know it will be nothing like Celine's, but boy can a girl dream! I laugh at myself knowing that would never happen. "Oh no!" I look at the time.

5:30

"I should take a shower before it's too late." I run to my bathroom and turn the shower on. I strip of my clothing and get in. I wash myself and then use my Japanese Cherry Blossom body wash from "Bath and Body Works." It smells amazing; I rinse myself off then get out. I blow dry my hair then walk out into my bedroom and straight for my closet. 

I grab a white tee shirt, blue denim skinny jeans, and my favorite, my black combat boots. I get changed and finish my makeup. I only use a little bit of mascara, I fill in my brows and I'm done. 

I look at myself in the mirror happy with what I see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RC's POV

I get off the phone with Shania and grab a pair of light blue golf shorts and a white golf shirt. I go to the bathroom to fix my hair and leave my room. I go to the main level and into the kitchen where my mother is already starting to prep for dinner. I'm about to walk out of the door when I yell back to my mom, "Bye! I'll be back, I'm going to go pick Shania up at her house. Mike will drive me."

"Ok, bye hunny!"

With that I walk out the front door and follow our sidewalk to the garage. "Hey Mike, can I give me a ride to this house? I'm going to pick my date up there and bring her back for dinner."

"Sure can do! Get in."

I get into the passenger seat of our black Cadillac. We drive the short, 5 minute drive to her house and I get out of the vehicle.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shania's POV

My aunt already left for dinner with a friend. I walk to the door and look out. I see RC walking up my sidewalk to get me. I open the front door and walk out to him. He greets me with a hug. "Hey how are you RC?"

"I'm good and yourself?"

"I'm better now!" I smile and RC blushes, awe!

He walks to the vehicle while holding my hand and opens the door. Wow, what a gentleman. He shuts the door and gets into the other side and sits next to me. 

RC speaks up, "Mike, this is Shania, and Shania, this is our driver Mike."

"Well hello Mike, nice to meet you!"

"Same to you dear!" Mike replies. 

I look over to RC and ask, "So why do you guys have a driver?"

"Um," he scratches his head and looks down. "You'll see."

"Oh, ok."

We finally get to his house and I look up.

This. Can't. Be.