Chapter 17

RENE'S POV FROM THE NIGHT OF CELINE'S AND SHANIA'S PERFORMANCE

"Hey, have you seen Celine and Shania yet?" I ask Law.

"No I haven't. I just assumed you guys all went home since you were all tired or something."

"Well have you seen Mike?"

"No...I haven't. Why?"

"He was the only other person that was around and allowed on this side of the stage. Oh no....." I look over and see a note on the door frame. I pick it up and read it out loud, "You're next."

"Law! He took them! That's Mike's writing! Call the police now! I'm going to call her family and get all of us out looking." 

"Oh no! I'm on it." Law replies with worry in his voice.

My love, my love. Oh my love, please be ok. Please Lord protect them. I can't have them leave me too. I cry. I grab my phone out of my pocket and call Linda. "Linda? Celine and Shania are missing. Mike took them who knows where." I frantically say into the phone. 

"I'll call the others and get them together at your house. Meet us there in twenty minutes."

"Ok," I say as I'm starting to cry. My wife, she's gone! I scream as loud as I can. "Law, drive me to the house."

"Ok, follow me." I run after Law and to his vehicle.

I get in. "My heart can't take this. I've already had one heart attack, the doctors said I could die if I have another." I sigh in frustration knowing that me complaining won't help. 

"I know, that's why I'm here. Don't stress yourself out, I know this has to be hard for you but I'm here for you and the boys. Whatever you need me to do I'm here."

"RC needs to know but the twins can't. They are too little, they won't know how to handle it."

"I'll make sure they don't find out." 

My phone starts ringing. "One sec Law." I answer my phone, "Hello?"

"Hey it's me, Joe, Celine is missing and she messaged me 'help Mike took us hostage'."

"Ok, meet us at the house as soon as possible, I called all of Celine's family and we need to get search groups out here."

"Will do sir."

With that I hang up the phone. I can't believe this happened. My mind can't process it. We pull up to the house. I call RC, he is still at the Colosseum. "Hey, don't ask any questions just meet at the house as soon as possible it will be explained there. Get a ride home with Joe."

"Uh, ok...is everything ok?"

"...no...I've got to go just find Joe and I'll let him know you're coming back with him. Bye, I love you, don't forget that."

"Ok, I love you too dad."

I text Joe to let him know RC is coming back with him. I get out of the vehicle and run up to the house and in the front door. I run to our bedroom and grab Celine's pillow. (A/N...I almost started crying and my eyes started to sting during this part.) I hug it and breath in Celine's scent. It still smells like her. I can't get myself to let go of it. I see her jewelry on her nightstand. I sigh in defeat, how am I going to go on without my love.