CHAPTER 5 - QUARREL

As Azren and Ramona waited for the others to arrive in the library, they discussed their discoveries about Uriah and at the end, they agreed to let him willfully spill the truth.

"If Carlos were only here, I'd hit him on the head!" She ranted. "Yes, he gave your number to a decent man but… but a man who was fresh from break-up! What's he looking for? A rebound?"

"Let's drop it. I'm not gonna let myself become a rebound, okay?"

"'Course. But you know, Az, I honestly think that maybe what he went through was too unbearable that he decided to find some diversion. A stranger," she suggested.

Azren folded her arms into her chest. "I think so, too. And sometimes I think that somehow, unconsciously, I am helping him with moving on. That is if he's really trying to move on."

They ended the confidential discussion the moment the others arrived.

Speaking of Uriah, he hasn't texted her again since lunch. His last excuse was that he'll recharge his phone and text her when it's done. But the day was about to end and Azren didn't hear from him yet.

The weekends passed as well and there were still no messages from him. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday came and went—still nothing. It's now Saturday in the evening and still nothing.

Ugh! Sometimes I imagine that he's also plugged into the outlet!

At 3:00 in the afternoon on Sunday, Gavin picked her up for a squad date and when she got home later that night, a miracle happened.

Uriah: Hello :)

Azren: This is a miracle I could cry!

Uriah: Hahaha. Why?

Azren: You were gone for a week! What happened? Your last excuse was that you'll just charge your phone. Were you plugged into the outlet too?

Uriah: No, Bee. Lol! I ran out of load.

AGAIN?

Azren: You ran out for a week? Then what happened to your promise that you'd text thru your brother's phone when you run out?

So, I was right that he wouldn't be true to his words.

Uriah: I'm sorry. I didn't text coz you didn't too. I thought you were busy so I didn't bother you.

It's my fault? Is that what he meant? And so what if I was busy? Can't he just send a single 'hi' or ask how I'm doing?

Azren: Are you saying that I should've texted you first?

Uriah: Is something wrong?

I don't know either! Ugh! What is happening? Damn.

Azren: Idk. I was just used to talking to you.

Uriah: I'm sorry. I didn't know that I was obligated to text you.

Fuck. What? Why is he this rude?

Azren: I didn't say that! I am just being honest.

Uriah: Louiza, I don't wanna fight.

Azren: And you think I want to? Am I the one who let go of hurtful words?

I’m hurt. My pride and my ego are hurt. I hate him. I hate him for making it sound like I’m desperate for his attention!

Uriah: Because you made it sound like it's my obligation to text you every now and then.

Bullshit! There’s no point in replying. I’d rather cut our ties than become someone who’s begging for his time and attention! Besides, I’m not the one who started this. It was him. But I will be the one to end this! I don’t need him in my life!