Chapter 13

This music is called The Red Solstice Theme by Bianca Ban. Please give credits to Bianca Ban.

***

"Akio it's all my fault." Yoshito spoke.

"What do you mean it's all your fault?" Akio questioned him.

"I just want you to know that it's my fault that this happened to you." Yoshito answered.

"It's not all true, I mean sure I am in pain but it was my fault that I was caught." Akio spoke.

"Akio I was always proud of you even after your sister died." Yoshito replied. 

Akio didn't know what to say, the topic about his sister was much more painful than his own pain. His eyes were getting watery. He turned his face away from his father and into the pillow. Akio was crying out loud. Yoshito was angry with himself. Akio turned around and saw that he was about to blow something up.

"Father please calm." Akio requested.

"Akio you shouldn't be out of bed, you need to rest." Yoshito spoke in a calm voice.

"Akio is your name right young boy." An Unknown voice spoke from behind him.

"Who is there?" Akio asked. 

His father seemed confused. Akio knew that he was the only one that could see and hear him.

"Father can I ask you to leave now, I want to go to bed." Akio asked him.

"Sure I will leave, get some rest." Yoshito spoke as he left.

He was gone, now he can talk with this guy over here.

"Now tell me who are you." Akio ordered.

"My name is Ren, I am a Shadow Knight." Ren answered.

"Ren what do you want with me." Akio asked.

"Nothing much, I just came to get you." Ren answered.

"Came to get me, what does that mean." Akio asked.

"You are the next Shadow Knight." Ren answered.

Akio was surprised, he knew that he was going to be the next Shadow Knight. He didn't know how he would explain this to his father. He didn't even know how his father would react to all of this.

"Listen to me we have to keep this between us and us only." Akio ordered.

"And I suppose you want me to stay or go." Ren asked.

"You can do whatever you want." Akio replied.

"Then I will stay and help you." Ren answered.

"Fine, but don't make me speak in front of my parents or my friends." Akio spoke.

"Alright, now get some sleep because starting from tomorrow you are going to have a lot in your hand." Ren replied.

Akio went to sleep. He didn't know how he would explain this to his friends or parents.

                                                                            ***

Akio woke up it was 6 am, he was getting ready for school. His father walked into the room. He looked like wanted to say something. Akio walked towards the door. Akio really didn't want to talk so he didn't stop. Yoshito grabbed him by his hand and stopped him. Yoshito knew that he wasn't going to stop because of what happened yesterday.

"What is father?" Akio questioned.

"I just want to talk to about yesterday." Yoshito answered.

"There is nothing to talk about, father, what's done is done." Akio spoke in a serious voice.

"But you're going to forgive me just like that." Yoshito asked.

"Yeah, like I said yesterday that it was not all your fault, I am at fault too." Akio spoke.

"Well I have to go to school now if you don't mind father." Akio added.

"I understand." Yoshito replied.

Akio couldn't let them know. Not yet anyways. He had to keep it a secret.