Chapter Fourteen

Hey there chickianyas,

20 votes and 15 comments for the next update!

Love you all, happy reading!

Ellie frowned and looked at the boy in front of her, he loved her? Did he just tell her that he loved her?

Daniel regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth, not that he didn’t love her, because he did. He was sure of that, tingles were in every vein in his body. No, it was because maybe she didn’t feel the same. Maybe somehow Skip had read the signals wrong, maybe earlier was just sexual frustrations without feelings?

Daniel gulped loudly as he searched her expressionless face, for something, just something. He bit the inside of his cheek, watching her every movement. Her fingers ran through her hair as she tried to get the knots out. Ellie narrowed her eyes at Daniel, trying to see if he was lying or not. She let out a frustrated sigh, she couldn’t read him. Her mind was racing, was it worth the risk or not? Daniel was becoming impatient, slowly growing embarrassed at the thing he said. Ellie took a small step forwards, their chests almost touching.

“Do you really mean it?” She whispered as she looked up at him through her thick lashes. 

This was Daniel’s way out, he could easily take it back. But a part of him didn’t want too, a part of him wanted to take her in his arms and just kiss her like never before. Daniel knew that he couldn’t afford to be weak, it would end them both. Her eyes were searching his,  his were searching hers and he bit his lip.

“Yes.” he whispered, not even sure about the consequences.

“I love you too..” Ellie whispered quickly before pressing herself closer to his chest.

He sighed out of relief, she loved him back. In the back of both of their minds they already knew this, they just wouldn’t admit it to anyone. Their eyes locked and Ellie bit her lip, glancing from his eyes to his lips. His pink tongue came out and gently wet his lips before he pursed them. 

Skip dipped his head slowly, Ellie quickly pushed herself up on her tippy toes. Their lips met and it was different from all the other times. It wasn’t passionate, rough, filled with lust, It was soft, gentle and filled with love. Making Ellie’s senses tingle like crazy. It lasted for a few moments before Skip finally pulled away, feeling the vibrations from her grumbling stomach.

“Lets get you something to eat.” Skip chuckled and looked over at the kitchen, pulling her along behind him. She slid up on the counter waiting patiently as Daniel looked through the fridge.

“We’re all out.” He sighed and turned around.

“Its raining.” He sighed once more before looking at Ellie.

“I don’t want to go out.” He pouted and she shook her head giggling.

“Lets just drive to the garage.” Ellie smiled jumping off the counter. She pulled on Daniels hoodie before pulling him out the door. 

They drove to the little stop down the road about ten minutes away from the warehouse. It was dark and the rain was pelting down from the sky.

“What do you want?” Skip asked as he turned off the engine.

“Everything.” She giggled and Skip rolled his eyes before kissing her lightly, jumping out of the car.

Ellie decided to stay back, too lazy to go in to the small cramped gas station. She looked around the mack, the flickering fluorescent light the only source of light. There were three empty cars around the car park, Ellie frowned, were where the owners? Her breath caught in her throat as she looked up from her lap.

There was a man, standing right in front of their car. He was soaked, his hoodie clinging to his body. Ellie couldnt make out his face, it was too dark. She didn’t know what to do, so she just sat there, staring at her.

The man, who was still unknown slowly raised his hand, making a gun shape before pointing it at Ellie. She wanted to scream, she was terrified even though there wasn’t a real gun. The strange man ‘pulled the trigger’ and Ellie’s eyes were watering, her breath erratic. She looked to the store where Skip was paying, just about to leave, before looking back at the man who was playing to kill her.

But he wasn’t there, he was gone.