Chapter Twenty

Ellie woke up in a damp room, the only source of light was a flickering light swinging across the room.

She groaned as she sat up on the dirty mattress, her body ached like mad. Ellie gulped as she remember what had happened, what was about to happen. If Daniel couldn't find her, then she wouldnt be around for much longer.

Her thoughts were interrupted as a door opened, Ellie's eyes landing on the man in front of her. She couldn't see him clearly cause of the light illuminating the room from behind.

"Why am I here?" Ellie croaked, her throat dry.

The man turned to her, his face finally visible to her. His dark hair was messy, rather long and his facial hair made him look older then he actually was. He smiled at her, kneeling in front of her.

"Aren't you happy baby?" He softly stroked her cheek, Ellie flinching at the skin to skin contact. She gulped and frowned at the man, his eyes were sparkling a small smile playing on his lips.

"I saved you." He breathed, pressing his lips to her forehead, his stubble scratching her slightly.

"What? No you didn't, i want to go back!" Ellie spoke, her tone raising slightly.

She gasped as his expression changed in a second, his eyes turned dark, making Ellie's blood run cold. He grabbed her jaw roughly, squeezing it until her eyes closed, trying to mask the pain.

"Now don't be ungrateful, Eleanor." His gravely voice mumbled in to her ear, his lips gently touched her earlobe.

"You want to be here." He softly spoke, making anyone who didn't know think he was lovely.

"I don't." Ellie croaked. She gasped at the impact as the back of his hand travelled over her face, knocking the air out of her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where do we start?" Luke asked as he stood up, looking around the room.

It had been 9 hours since they last heard from Ellie and Skip was destroyed. He hadn't slept, he hadn't moved to be honest. All he had done was drink the bottle of gin that were in the kitchen and smoked about 4 packets of marlboros. Skip wasn't drunk, it was just enough for him to numb the pain in his heart.

"Don't worry man, we'll find her." James sat down next to his friend, patting his back.

"Really?" Skip muttered sarcastically.

He didn't want to be rude to his friends, but right now that was the only thing he could say, without breaking down. Everyone knew this though, so they didn't take it personally. 

They had decided it was best to go to 'Skips warehouse' to see if there was anything worth knowing, maybe a clue of some sort. Everything was a mess, tables were turned, sofas were flipped and crushed glass covered the floor.

It was almost like Daniel could see her every move, he knew she was smart, so hiding in the closet was not a hard one to figure out. He walked up to the closet and slowly opened it, wishing that she was still sat in there, but no such luck. The only thing in there was his phone, he gently picked it up, looking at the cracked screen. She must've dropped it when she was being dragged out. He looked around him again, seeing all this mess angered him.

He was gonna find her, and he was gonna kill the person who took her. No matter what.