Chapter Twenty Three

"Lets go."Skip ordered as they all walked towards the house that was barely holding together.

Ellie stood by the small gap in the wall, trying to see everything. But the car was turned off so there was no light except from the small street light. There were several people mumbling and Ellie smiled to herself.

"Daniel!" She shouted, trying to get her voice heard.

"Kick it down." Daniel said, looking at the door.

He couldn't help but to give a small smile, knowing that Ellie was on the other side of this door. This had been rather easy, rather simple. Ellie smiled as she heard the thud from downstairs, running to the door, tugging on the handle. She groaned as it didn't open and looked around the room in a panic. She needed to get out of there, she needed Skip to see her! 

The door landed with a thud, everyone quickly stepping inside. It was empty, old frames scattered the walls and the staircase was dusty.

"Check all the rooms." Daniel spoke quietly, walking further in to the old house.They all nodded and walked different directions, Beau heading up the stairs.

Ellie felt relieved when she heard the feet pad against the creaky floorboards that covered the stairs. A small smile played on her lips, excitement filling her every emotion. Beau looked at the black door in front of him, there was a key in it. He slowly twisted it, the lock giving him a click as it unlocked. Ellie smiled as the door creeped open. Beau's eyes widened at what he saw. 

It was empty, Beau sighed. He knew it wouldn't be this easy, he knew that there was something that would go against him. Ellie's eyes widened in shock as she saw who was in front of her.

"Surprise." His thick voice whispered giving her the smile she once up on a time used to love.

"Dad?" Ellie whispered back.

"How did you find me? Where's Daniel?" She asked as he walked towards her.

"I knew where you were." He smiled and Ellie's face fell.

"How?" She croaked.

"I had to put you here, being with that 'Daniel' guy was too risky, people was seeing you around town." Ellie couldn't believe what her own father was saying.

"YOU?" She cried. "How could you do that to me?!" She screamed, waiting for him to defend himself.

"It was simply business." He shrugged and she wanted to just die, but she couldn't. Cause that would've been the easy way out, and in life, theres no such thing as an easy way out.

"So you just let me get abused, by a guy, that YOU even got a restraining order from." She cried.

"He what?" Mark looked at his daughter bewildered.

"I hate you!" She screamed.

"Lets get you home. We'll discuss this later." 

Beau slowly strolled down the stairs, his hands in his pockets. The boys were downstairs waiting for him, hoping wishing and praying that she was alright. He finally reached the bottom of the stairs and all the boys looked expectantly at him, and behind him. Waiting for that little body they knew so well, but she never came.

"Where is she?" Skip asked confused.

"She's not here." Beau said carefully, looking at Daniel with sad eyes.

"FUCK!" He screamed, slamming his fist in to the wall. Both his knuckles and the wall cracked and Skip shook it off, not caring about the pain.

He was already in pain, he just needed her to be safe, then he could leave her.